Random Mocks

Yep! No extra software needed…all overlayed via iMovie too!

6 Likes

Thanks for the positive support. It sure does look like Nine, and in fact that’s where I got the idea from haha

I finally did my first TV mock :smiley:, I did it around what I thought WIN could look like if they adopted the 9 dots and promotion style.

19 Likes

That mock demonstrates why I wouldn’t return the dots to WIN - even if they were to use the WIN brand instead of Nine.

The WIN logo without dots is about as wide as the Nine logo - having the full ‘WIN’ text and the dots is too much space. At least the last iteration of the dotty WIN logo had the narrower font.

5 Likes

True, however lets not forget how Imparja sometimes used the full name next to the 9 dots before going to just IMP:

If WIN didn’t use the dots how would they indagate their logo into the playout if it was dirty:

If clean they might just use WIN:

13 Likes

The middle one is very close to what happens on the co-branded “Nine-NBN” you get on the Central/Gold Coast - Watermarks - #3027 by Zampakid

I could see that maybe happening.

4 Likes

IMP is only used a watermark, too. The logo shown in the screenshot is used everywhere else as Imparja’s identity.

This one would also clash with ‘nine.com.au’

8 Likes

You could put the “WIN” on top of the Nine logo so if they have the website at the bottom. However it’s not the 90s or 00s so having a website URL is unnecessary and a waste of space. A good watermark should use as little space on screen as possible.

2 Likes

Following the overwhelming response to the “WIN News post-July 1” Mock/Re-Edit I posted on Friday (currently my 2nd highest liked post of all time on these forums), it’s only fitting that I also do one of a 10 Local News update from SCA:

Decided to do something different from an OTS graphics perspective! :slight_smile:

34 Likes

A little hard to conceptualise with such a preposterous headline? :joy:

14 Likes

That super is perfectly re-created :ok_hand:

10 Likes

I didn’t realize thanks for that.

I wasn’t sure if that got broadcast along with the channel because I seem to remember the SCA version of 9 didn’t always have the nine.com.au.

3 Likes

Got to have something in there so you can’t confuse this with a real screencap! :wink:

Yeah I obviously used a screenshot of a real 10 News First super as my base. A relatively easy graphic to do a convincing mock version of, as I’ve done so a few times now! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

In that case:

And with the added website link:

8 Likes

Looks fantastic, especially changing around “News First” to read “Local News”. Hopefully SCA will ask 10 for the graphics package like they did with Seven for the Darwin and Central noodle updates (the supers seem to be the real network ones, the Tasmania ones are recreations and were slightly different). They might even get a backdrop if they ask. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Channel Nine on WIN - Mock Promo

21 Likes

If SCA goes down the path of producing 10-branded updates for the east coast, they should look at introducing some updates on 10 Darwin and Central as-well.

I don’t see why not - especially how much those areas desire local content and the resources are already available.

3 Likes

Maybe they should start up 10 News First Darwin :wink:

9 Likes

Love the proper animation on that dotty :star_struck:

5 Likes

Alongside Seven’s crappy attempt -

2 Likes