Random Mocks

I think if it had that 7 slash in there these would be perfect!

1 Like

Can’t tell if this is serious or a gee-up…

6 Likes

Second however for my liking, they appear to be too big

3 Likes

I always use PowerPoint and my mocks are okay!

2 Likes

fixes the 7AFL disaster

13 Likes

cough are you saying mine a dogs breakfast? :kissing_smiling_eyes:cough

1 Like

It’s too cramped, the font is to heavy.
I think the bottom left position is better than the top left - I know it’s only slight thing, but there’s less action around the ground level than in the air.

I don’t think the new graphics are that much of a disaster. I rather like them.

2 Likes

Been working on a few Test Cards recently, and I thought this would be the place to show off.
(If only analogue was still around.)

9 Likes

Something of a SydneyCityTV tribute to the former Mix 106.5 (now KIIS 1065) branding: A re-edit of the old website homepage. Primarily based on the 2004 Mix Network look, but some splashes of the graphical looks used in 2008 and 2010 have also been thrown in:

Of course Sammy (RIP) and Jason unfortunately couldn’t have been an actual breakfast show in 2020/21, but since they were the longest running brekky duo in Mix 106.5 it was only fitting to have them there. A few other elements which would be considered dated by current day standards (such as the smartphone app ad), although maybe I’ll do a modern Mix 106.5 website mock one day! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ah yes, I do to remember when everyone was using the font from the 1991 Channel TEN logo on everything in the early 2000’s.

says no-one ever. :rofl:

3 Likes

Good point. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I miss the early 2000s internet era

1 Like

Not just a brilliant mock, but also nice to reminisce the old Mix website and what developers would put on websites back then… things like games, horoscopes, Google search, tell the boss - all just to populate the site before there were a heap of people who only worked on digital.

Side note (and wrong topic), but that format would do really well IMO in 2021.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing around with seeing what a white logo could look like. At first I don’t think it would stand out enough, but if you think of it like a watermark I think it could work. An interesting exercise. I haven’t done a full set of mocks yet.

Another varient.

29 Likes

From what I’ve seen, the Classic Hits station websites (in their own design) also had those types of features at the time.

Of course I agree it’d be cool to have sites like that today! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish the ABC didn’t give so much space to their medium in their logos.

13 Likes

They do use a white logo sometimes. Usually in promos though, not as the bug. Red will always be the colour during the news.

2 Likes

Now that I had a bit of experience with making mocks, I decided to have another shot at making a title card for ABC News. Here is one I made for the NSW bulletin:

7 Likes

That’s nice, however the one change I’d making is saying “Nightly 7PM” instead of “Monday to Sunday 7PM”.

2 Likes