Random Mocks

Great mock for a morning show

The GMA brand needs to once back to 10 ,Hamish and Chris would be perfect.

Imagine if the Nine Network dumped its Cool Hand Luke theme and replaced it with Fifth Harmony’s “Worth It”, which can be seen in these two videos:

The two bulletins in question are the highly-successful Sydney and Melbourne bulletins from 2015, the year Worth It was released.

5 Likes

nope sorry it doesnt work imo

1 Like

Surely this belongs in tongue in cheek mocks?

6 Likes

Nah I’m good thanks

1 Like

that’s 45 seconds of my life I won’t get back.

14 Likes

It would work for Peter Hitchener if he was sitting on a big leather chair while being fanned with a big palm leaf. But it doesn’t fit with Overton’s style.

5 Likes

Perhaps Yakety Sax would be more appropriate.:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Some new Supa ideas for Studio 10. The top line of text would type in, hence the _ for typing.

22 Likes

I think the subline needs the blue font on white background for visibility and visual separation from the headline. Bold fonts would also help the older audiences Studio 10 appears to attract. But very nice!

1 Like

hmm good point. The white background just seems too plain though. But I might try the bold font.

@Nick thoughts on this version?

3 Likes

Thanks to @NewsAustralia for the backgrounds.

20 Likes

Much nicer but I would have it curved on the LHS of the headline (like the old graphics package). I still don’t like the turquoise one though.

My hope is that 7 NEWS eventually evolves into an aesthetically pleasing product with hints from NBC NEWS, here’s my take:

New Logo

Supers

New Website

Not the best mocker in the world, nothing lines up and proberly doesn’t fit into the safe space but I hope you enjoy :smiley: Thoughts are welcome!

22 Likes

Overall, I like this mock, but however I’m not a fan of the map in the lower thirds. Maybe see how it looks without it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed.
I like the idea and all of the elements. But maybe remove the map and make the whole lot of the lower thirds thinner? At present they almost take up a quarter of the screen.

4 Likes

I find that interesting given they would be the hardest to do.

In Perth, you would just have to get a new desk and replace the backdrop and 4 plasmas with LCD plasmas (keeping the current curved frame). There would be no additional areas due to spacing but I did put a stage behind Michael that could be used for the intro or weather. It would probably be on a similar angle to what Nine use for their standing presentations.

And of all the cities, Brisbane’s would be the only one capable of getting a set similar to Sydney. I tried to keep the scales the same, and it fits well. There would obviously be no soft set area and only one set of vertical plasmas which can be used for live-Xs and sport. To give you an idea, the desk is in front of the current weather area ( it could still be in the centre if you want, I just wanted to do something different). The big curved screen would end behind Amber- no more set pieces on the RHS.

Of course, 10 could renovate the entire area and adopt the open newsroom style for all cities. But, I don’t think that would be necessary.

Courtesy to @SEQTelevision , @TV.Cynic , @ScreenTower , @WAtvVideos and others for posting the original caps used in my mocks.

17 Likes

Like this?

5 Likes