Rage

Tonight would’ve been the Start of a January Tradition that’s also been Affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic, Retro Month featuring a Bunch of Countdown, Rock Arena, GTK, Recovery and many other ABC Music Programming over the Years. Instead of that, we’ve got an Encore of Ragercise from Nine Months Ago.

2 Likes

It’s moved to February.

2 Likes

The triple j hottest 100 of 2020 will be shown on Rage tonight at 11.50pm.

1 Like

It’s mainly due to the ABC’s broadcast of women’s football international between Germany and Australia this Sunday (April 11) at midnight AEST.

It will be replaced by a repeat of guest programming by The Beasts of Bourbon.

https://twitter.com/rageABC/status/1423560423895408640

2 Likes
3 Likes

Next Saturday. 30th anniversary of the band’s formation with the OG Wiggles.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Rage is celebrating the ABC’s 90th birthday by opening up its music archives.

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

rage Christmas Special

12:25 am Saturday 24 December (Sunday morning)

rage plays a selection of Christmas and holiday themed music videos.

2 Likes

Here is the playlist for the Christmas special.

2 Likes

Retro Month heads to February for a Third Year in a Row, What happened to January?

Seen a couple of GTK and a Hit Scene tonight (surely the best opening credits around!), Is January back to being retro month?

Has anyone else been Watching Rage this month ? I always enjoy seeing old Countdown episodes,reminds me of being young again. I’m so thankful there was such great music back then ,70s to about late 80s

2 Likes

I like the 80s episodes of Countdown, I prefer the 70s episodes though.I’m still p***ed that so many 70s episodes were lost when the ABC wiped them in a cost cutting drive,to reuse all those videotapes :-1:

1 Like

Sadly it wasn’t just ABC, all networks did it. Videotape apparently wasn’t cheap and none of the networks had the storage capacity for infinite archiving or had the foresight to envisage the future market potential. So many shows lost forever.

2 Likes