Radio Data System (RDS)

If only they called themselves Hawkesbury Districts Radio, then we might have had HD Radio, just like in the States (well sorta).

3 Likes

The current RDS on 89.9 today, running off Hawkesbury GOLD’s transmitter, also they are playing very explicit thrash metal.

5 Likes

WTF! Did their transmitter, program & RDS feed get hijacked?
Someone not happy?

2 Likes

That station name should generate a few complaints.

2 Likes

A few complaints & a few laughs too I suspect.

3 Likes

Also noted that the alternate frequencies are AM ones (1260, 1314).
I didn’t think that would be possible with RDS?

2 Likes

I thought that was rather odd too.
@TheChase what SDR software is this?

2 Likes

That is just damn amazing someone would do that. No listener in their right mind would want to tune into that. These stations in the Hawksbury sound like they are just a joke lately.

Must be alot of infighting or something.

I didnt know Hall and Oates had a hit called Kiss My Ass?

2 Likes

I’m wondering if it should be: ‘Kiss On My List’?

Kiss on my ass list? :smile: but in all seriousness… what is going on with those aspirants.

Oh dear god i just sung that in my head… damn it…i will think of it whenever i hear it now

4 Likes

I’m glad I don’t have a lisp or dyslexia - lol

1 Like

Hahahaha. Oh dear… but seriously that looks completely unprofessional and the guy who did it shoukd be fired.

1 Like

Yeah there’s more than it’s fair share…
ACMA have called for applications for the full time license, let’s just hope for the best out of an already shit situation….

More news about it will be dribbled out about it soon…

The 89.9 frequency has definitely had its moments

This has been the gist of what has been since 12pm today the sweet sound of the death of a by gone era lol… the bull ant has lost his mind :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s in the history book of 89.9 what has been community radio in the Hawkesbury

1 Like

AFAIK it’s not, but you can list whatever frequencies you want as AF, doesn’t mean it’ll work though, I wonder what the significance of 1260 & 1314 is to them, why pick those frequencies?

3 Likes

The software is GQRX a SDR program for Mac, as for the Alt frequencies that was a bug in the program, it’s meant to display 91.30MHz, 91.90MHz as the Alt frequencies.

The RDS on “FUKUFM” is a bit messed up as well which might be why my SDR program had some issues.
The program type switches between “Easy Listening” and “Weather” and the radio text alts between “Kiss MY ASS - Hall and Oates” and “Wish It Would Rain - Pates”.

2 Likes

Im guessing the TX was purchased from NZ or somewhere and already had those set up in by a previous operator?

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on this @TheChase
I think SDR software for Mac’s might be a bit limited with RDS compared to Windows offerings.
What is the core ‘GNU Radio’ app like for RDS?

I’ve heard about CubicSDR & SDR++ are options for Mac’s, but not sure how mature their RDS development has become.

2 Likes

Maybe, it’s always been the alt frequencies for GOLDs transmitter.

I’ve only used this rendition of that program but from the about us section of the program:

Also FUKUFM is now playing Hardstyle.

2 Likes

Is it still set like that today? Wow just Wow… anyone have any idea whose doing it? Is it one of the operators going for the licence or is it someone whose hijacked the transmitter?

1 Like