Pure Gold Network

I think 6KY (Now Mix 94.5) was owned by Wesgo in the late 80’s after Alan Bond sold it. Jack Bendat then purchased it in 89/90 and converted it to 94.5.

4 Likes

why are LG&M leaving 6 days early?

2 Likes

This is something that hasn’t made any sense to me

2 Likes

I guess it’s end of survey 4 and there’s a 2 week break.

3 Likes

I wonder what will the final ratings for 4kq and the First Ratings for SENQ will be like

2 Likes

But they’re starting a permanent break.

2 Likes

Who is doing the final breakfast slot on 4kq on Thursday 30th June then?

2 Likes

Usually, Nick Michaels fills in.

2 Likes

The final day line up on Thursday 30 June ?

Breakfast: Nick Micheals

Mornings: Brent James

Afternoons ?

6pm-7pm: Jam Nation

2 Likes

There’s supposed to be a farewell special at 6pm.

3 Likes

I don’t remember when they used to play country music, I remember when my family and myself returned to Brisbane in 1980 I was listening to 4BC or 4IP,

5 Likes

They might network Christian or Jonesy and Amanda ? Or a casual ?

1 Like

Reports on Twitter that Bob Gallagher is jumping on air

8 Likes

I wonder if they’re taking a “break” to get ready for a new breakfast show on another station…

9 Likes

The thing I will miss the most about 4KQ is uninterupted music throughout the night, except for commercials.

4BH etc insist on doing hourly news updates.

4 Likes

Ace needs to learn if people want news updates from 9radio over night. they can listen to 4bc/2gb/3aw

2 Likes

it’s the same news anyway

3 Likes

I actually like that you can get a decent comprehensive radio news service precisely on the hour on a music station.

12 Likes

Yes I agree. News on the hour is great. For the average listener it means they don’t need to re-tune their radio just for news.

The target market of these stations is the 55+ audience who aren’t like us media enthusiasts here on Media Spy. Instead they just want a one stop shop for music and news and some probably barely know how to retune their radio and don’t even know what the other frequencies are!

14 Likes

I think the point is that 4KQ doesn’t do hourly news throughout the night and their 55+ audience seem happy with what they’ve been putting out over the last 30 years.

3 Likes