Pure Gold Network

Brent James earlier said the final song would be unexpected. Then later that when the station closed there would not be an immediate switch to sport but some music overnight.

His farewell song

3 Likes

Brent James said he hopes to meet us again someday.

1 Like

Does anyone have that list??

1 Like

Here it is. :slight_smile:

“Let’s Pretend” Raspberries
“Do What You Do” Air Supply
“Bang Bang” B.A. Robertson
“The Light” Moonlight
“We’ve Got To Get It On Again” Addrisi Brothers
“Black Eyed Bruiser” Stevie Wright
“Slow Down Go Down” The Hollies
“Danny, Teach Me To Dance” Vicky Leandross
“Fresh As A Daisy” Emitt Rhodes
“Wouldn’t I Be Someone” Bee Gees
“The Wreck Of Edmund Fitzgerald” Gordon Lightfoot (A big hit in North America, where it hit #2 in the US & #1 in Canada)
“That’s Where I Went Wrong” Poppy Family

Source: Lava

6 Likes

Good Choice to Farewell Brent’s Time at 4KQ.

1 Like

Is the retro sounding hourly 4KQ News theme and voice ID a regular thing or just something they’ve started doing as a throwback now that they are closing? Sounds straight out of the 1980s.

Edit: Also discussed in the Radio History thread.

The 3pm 4KQ news covered the station’s closure briefly and made the suggestion to use the iHeartRadio app for more music options and also mentioned that ARN own other stations in Ipswich and the Sunshine and Gold Coasts but didn’t specifically mention those stations by name or frequency.

2 Likes

Nope that’s there regular news theme.

3 Likes

The news bed is the same - but the John Knox voiceover has more recently (April) been reduced - previously also included some extra content like “available on i Heart radio” and “iHeart number one for podcasts”.

2 Likes

4kq’s website has not been updated with the news of the shutdown of the station tonight for some reason.

KQ were the #1 rating station on weekends but ARN are just throwing that away.

2 Likes

If you didn’t know it was closing you wouldn’t know anything was changing. What will they do with it after today?

1 Like

Hopefully Laurel, Gary & Mark, Brent James and Nick Micheals will all move to 4bh on Monday 11 July since 4bh does not have any Local voices

Trevor Sinclair is Sydney Based I think, Emily Canning and Cathy Jubb is Victorian Based and Dave Ferguson is also Victorian Based

None is Brisbane Based

5 Likes

I was thinking some to 4BC

G’day, what is the screen shot of - the software I’m asking?

ARN are selling the station to fulfil a licencing obligation. What happens beyond that is not ARN’s doing.

9 Likes

It’s DAB Player (the website is in German, but can be translated into English via Google Translate).

It requires a DAB+ USB tuner to be able to use it on your PC.

1 Like

R.I.P 4KQ after midnight.
I wish now I’d listened to them more often over the years, I don’t think I listened to them in the 80s at all .Or in the 90s mainly because of not being able to get AM reception at work,or after 2000 in the years before DAB radio was available

3 Likes

Interesting to know how many users of the web stream from out of market tonight.

2 Likes

The 6pm 4KQ news.

Credit: The Radio Vault

8 Likes

I was in the car late this afternoon and listened to a crackly 4KQ via night skip on AM 693 for the last time.

Vale 4KQ, you have served your community very well over the years.

5 Likes