Pure Gold Network

Correct, another survivor like Phil.

Mike’s gone from radio to TV presenting to voiceovers and now back to radio whilst maintaining a profile for v/o and presenting/MC’ing gigs.

2 Likes

I see that he’s been in quarantine in Sydney since returning from the UK. Is his UK stint over?

1 Like

The station went belly up.

Quick look at the Fix Radio website would show it was poorly executed idea.

1 Like

But it still has a live stream and tweets from only a day or two ago.

1 Like

They just cleared out the (presumably) well-paid staff - Phil went around the same time as Graham Mack (ex-2GO)

3 Likes

Ed Sheeran and Lady Gaga has been added to the WSFM playlist yesterday.

4 Likes

We soon won’t be able to tell 2WS from 2Day, KIIS and Nova.

3 Likes

Which will probably work in ARN’s favour if/when a day comes they decide it’s time for Jonesy & Amanda to move on. With all the major changes to 101.7 in recent years, those two are the last presenters which represent “the old (and by that, I’m referring to the “Good Times & Great Classic Hits” era) WSFM” in a similar way to how Hans & Kayley were the last presenters which represented “the old 2WS” in the Early 2000s before they moved on.

Of course I could turn out to be completely wrong, but you’d have to imagine there’ll be a point in the not terribly distant future (probably the next 2-5 years) where Kyle & Jackie O will move to WSFM breakfast as KIIS is repositioned towards a younger demographic.

1 Like

KIIS is Kyle’s brand. It’ll grow older with him if anything.

3 Likes

I don’t necessarily agree, I think KIIS will want to keep their current demos, if Kyle feels like he’s getting too old for them, he’ll move to talk back or maybe WSFM.

I recall that’s why Ugly Phil left 2Day, because he was getting too old for them.

4 Likes

I dont see Kyle and Jackie O ever moving to WSFM. They’ll retire at KIIS.

6 Likes

I definitely think ARN are willing to make the gamble and keep Kyle & Jackie O a show that remains on CHR and relevant enough for a younger demographic for a long time yet. They don’t really have any other option do they?

2 Likes

Yeah ARN will age up KIIS if need be, it’s too reliant on their pulling power. And anyway radio is ageing it’s never going to skew young again.

4 Likes

I hope you’re right… there are too many CHR stations in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes

And when Kyle goes, just like at 2Day, the KIIS brand will be completely irrelevant.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Did anyone happen to be listening to Gold this morning? Apparently Craig Huggins’ mother passed away while he was on air. From what I heard he’d previously told the listeners that his mother had covid, but was doing quite well. Then her condition deteriorated and at about 11am he came on air and said he’d be leaving because his mother had just died. I didn’t hear what he said but I believe it was a heartfelt plea for people to wear masks. Usually I would’ve been listening but work has been crazy this week so I didn’t have the radio on. Craig and I worked together many, many years ago and his mum was a lovely lady.

9 Likes

That is very sad.

4 Likes

Here’s the audio. :disappointed_relieved:

11 Likes

I wonder who is going to fill in for Craig Huggins Tomorrow

1 Like