Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh Death (1921-2021)

No. She just knows her thing.

Has there been anything yet from sbs or channel ten.

Yes and No. It shouldnā€™t have come as a shock though. I think we all knew it was going to happen but we didnā€™t know when.

2 Likes

This has been prepared and practiced well in advance by all media organisations. Standard practice.

7 Likes

A commentator on ā€œNRL on Nineā€ said that they will cross to a news bulletin at the conclusion of the match (which will be in 3 minutes time) and that post match coverage will be on Gem.

1 Like

Itā€™s early to talk about (not that any Royal Family member reads Media Spy) but we will inevitably have a royal funeral. Iā€™m sure Australian networks will send their best anchors to the UK to cover it, just like Diana and also the 2011 Royal Wedding.

3 Likes

and the special word for when prince phillp passed away was forth bridge is down

1 Like

Youā€™d think so hey! I can imagine this will prove to be a huge nightmare with COVID and allā€¦

1 Like

Operation Forth Bridge is used for Prince Philip
Operation London Bridge will be used for the Queen

I mean, nothing wrong with handing over to BBC/ITV/CNN thoughā€¦

2 Likes

9Gem has been running rolling coverage - Nine just went to a break and the NRL post match came on.

Edit: Coverage has now switched to main channel.

4 Likes

9Gem Sydney has just switched to the post-match of the NRL.

2 Likes

Anything on Channel 10?

Not in Brisbane.

1 Like

nothing in melbourne

1 Like

I think reporters in London already there for networks will do the reporting on this i can not see any reporter flying out from here the risks will too great i feel

2 Likes