Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh Funeral Coverage

Chris’ intro wasn’t shown on WIN - just straight to the BBC coverage (after a Sky News on Win promo). Similarly the 10 News breaking news about Prince Phillip’s death wasn’t shown until after Hughsy was over and they cut off the intro.

Edit: Chris’ outro at the end of the BCC presentation also cut off by WIN after about half a second (they showed an ID instead).

1 Like

Weird things happening at WIN it seems.

3 Likes

Nine have changed the full colour Live Nine News watermark to the transparent one.

10 Likes

Prime7 are totally watermark free… WIN with its usual solid blue mappy. SC9 same as metro.

Might be wrong, but I don’t think Seven have any partnership with the BBC. They always go with ITV.

imageimageimage

1 Like

Just put it on BBC to have a look and they don’t have any watermarks at all.

CNN

MSNBC

Fox News

1 Like

Somthing tells me this will go past 1am :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :thinking:

1 Like

Nine’s w/m changed again

BBC vs ITV supers

4 Likes

And that’s it? Wow, a whole funeral of songs. :roll_eyes:

You missed the Bible readings?

Does it really matter? From what I heard, Prince Philip had a big hand in the planning in the years prior, so its mostly what he would of wanted, right down to the limited crowd and he wanted it to be “no fuss”.

I was also a bit surprised how it was mostly hymns (with some Bible readings), but it was a well orchestrated and moving service in my opinion.

4 Likes

looks at clock

EDIT: I noticed Harry, William and Kate walking together after the guests waved off the cars that had arrived to pick them up. So much for an ‘epic feud’…they seemed to be on good terms from what I could see.

8 Likes

4 Likes

I wouldn’t criticise it as it’s quite disrespectful. This is the kind of service that the Duke wished for.

7 Likes

“BBC Studio Events” coverage finished at 1:20 am on ABC, Nine and 10. ITV on Seven and Sky still going.

ITV and Seven finished at 1:30 am

7 Likes
1 Like

Front pages of today’s Sunday Age and Sunday Herald Sun (there will be more coverage in Monday’s papers due to time difference)

2 Likes

2 Likes