Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Tour 2018

Seven and Ten live into Queensland this morning. So while they are showing the end of the Bondi visit, Nine are showing their arrival “LIVE”

4 Likes

Michael Usher hosting Royal Coverage on Seven from 11.30am.

3 Likes

I wonder if they will do a proper sit down interview while here in Australia, and which network would get it.

Would be a major scope.

ABC has secured an exclusive interview with Prince Harry as part of Invictus Games Today highlights show this Sunday night. Not sure about Meghan.

3 Likes

Queensland

4 Likes

Seven’s Amanda Abate in Fraser Island reporting on the royal visit.

2 Likes

I’d like to see them on the ABC’s Hard Chat with Tom Gleeson

3 Likes

There has been a major change for tomorrow’s visit to Fraser Island. Meghan will travel with Prince Harry to the island but she won’t take part in any official engagements there “due to rough terrain”, the Prime Minister’s Office confirmed. That will make the locals very disappointed. Reports say Meghan is feeling tired after several consecutive days of official engagements.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/royals-in-shock-fraser-island-visit-announcement/news-story/8de6c84db1a3e645670efe254e11eb7a

1 Like

Matching outfits for royal tour coverage from Fraser Island

4 Likes

Sharyn wore it better.

Monday in Queensland

1 Like

Neither Sunrise nor Today are live into QLD, surprisingly, despite Sunrise original intentions.

1 Like

Interested to see what the Fraser Island coverage looks like as reportedly there is no way to get a TV signal out from the area - are they going to wave from a distance?

Use mobile phones or a portable satellite dish?

Little to no mobile reception where they are going.

1 Like

Is there no cellular network? LiveUs/TVUs/Dejeros should work just fine.

And I assume there’s a car ferry or similar so a satellite truck should be able to make the trip.

Or am I missing something really obvious?

EDIT: Ah I see no cell coverage…

I thought you were a know it all! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ABC Radio Brisbane were talking about this this morning. They seemed to think that everything would be recorded then rushed to air later. Not sure if they were fully aware of the situation though.

As rare an occurrence as it is, I also know what I don’t know…:sunglasses:

Is there a vehicle ferry? Given it’s a super pool I would assume a sat truck or two has been sent to the island?

And depending on seriously the networks want to treat coverage you could also bounce a microwave signal off a helicopter if there’s no line of sight to central Brisbane.