Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Tour 2018

It’s a story… but the amount of coverage always bemuses me.

Harry’s involvement with the Invictus games is certainly noteworthy but the frenzy surrounding someone who is becoming less relevant in terms of the line of succession every year is perplexing.

The reality is it’s a craven and cynical exercise in audience driving by the networks. There’s no doubt they’ve identified who’s at home during the day and crafted a coverage plan to keep their eyes glued to the screen for as long as possible.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

1 Like

While I have no interest in the royals and would advocate a swift cutting of ties to the monarchy, it’s hard to argue people aren’t interested given the high ratings for the two weddings this year (for members of the family who will never ascend to the throne).

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

4 Likes

Waiting to see how many times this vision gets replayed across the day/week

2 Likes

5 Likes

This is way over the top

Heaven help us for March to May next year

Did the V/O introduce Ann first and did Ann introduce/welcome first? Just curious as to who got seniorotity, but not that it matters.

1 Like

I don’t know what they did with the broadcast but I imagine Michael would be the more senior of the two.

At least Ann was allowed behind the desk rather than being relegated to the sports position as has happened with dual presenters on that set before.

1 Like

V/o just said you’re watching Seven News - Michael spoke first. Opener graphic was:

4 Likes

Sunrise and Today are going to drag this out as much as they can. Both programs saw more than 40,000 viewers each nationally than last Monday and Today’s best ratings in months.

Whilst Sunrise extended their ADST show until 10am to compensate for QLD, @TV.Cynic Do you know how Nine filled the extra hour?

Really? Seven do so well with their daytime bulletins because of Ann Sanders.

Nine started the Morning News at 10.30 ish and it ran for 90 minutes.

1 Like

In two states.

I mean, even Studio 10 was live in Perth this morning!

ABC and Ten only networks live into Queensland this morning with arrival in Dubbo

Seven and Nine on one hour delay with morning programming.

Ironically as the above were shown, Seven had the royal couple taking off from Sydney :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seven

2 Likes

Luke thought you would happy to know Ann spoke first for Day 2 coverage.

1 Like

Sky News

1 Like