Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Ta.

Natalie Forrest presenting updates on Prime7 for the final time this week before she moves permanently to 7 in Canberra. She has been with the network for almost two decades.

6 Likes

I can’t say that I’m overly surprised that Natalie Forrest is leaving Prime7, infact I’m actually a little surprised that it didn’t happen sooner. The network only really using Nat for News Updates and as an occasional fill-in for the actual bulletins over the past couple of years has been such a waste of one of their most senior, talented journalists IMO.

It’ll certainly be interesting to see who’ll present Prime7’s News Updates for the non-full bulletin regions next week, that’s for sure!

3 Likes

I wish 7 would start a Canberra bulletin and have Nat present!

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s a behind the scenes gig, can’t imagine she’d leapfrog any internal candidates for an on air gig.

Someone asked her on Twitter if they will still get to see her on their TV in Canberra and she replied, “Yes you will!”

3 Likes

Natalie Forrest has done Canberra-based reports for Seven News before, mainly filling in over Summer I think.

Unless there are plans for something different which we currently don’t know about, I personally think Nat will become a full reporter for Seven News at their Parliament House bureau in Canberra.

3 Likes

There’s a usual fill-in whose name escapes me, but Madelaine Callignon and/or Kenny Heatley could do it - both have done news and weather updates in the past. Daniel Gibson has too.

Yeah, on Seven News. She did a cross on Sunrise over the weekend, and she’s often doing stories from Parliament on the main bulletin.

4 Likes

Why not? She is one of the most capable in the business.

That would be Isabel Moussalli. She reads the weekday news updates as well.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s who I was thinking of. Thanks.

Another “Nat from WA” went big time to Seven News.

2 Likes

Well her bigger role has being News Editor for the past couple of years, that’s why you haven’t seen her as much

7 Likes

Nat’s last night presenting the updates tonight. Really going to miss her, but glad she’s finally going to be at Seven :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For the first and coincidentally, the last time. Nat Forrest presented Prime7 Local News alongside Madelaine Collignon tonight…

Big last day at Prime7 news for her. She also worked the Sunrise shift this morning and will present her final updates tonight.

Testament to her amazing worth ethic. Hopefully someone will cap and/or record video of her final updates tonight.

7 Likes

I’m fairly sure those updates during Sunrise are recorded the day before.

2 Likes

No, she worked her first shift for 7 at Parliament this morning. Live crosses and all during Sunrise.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. That is an impressive work day.

2 Likes

Farewell Nat…

5 Likes

I wonder who’s going to present the updates now? I have a feeling it’s going to be Isabel Moussalli.

1 Like