Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Newcastle Updates from Thursday:

4 Likes

New opener featuring Elly Wicks tonight:
vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h29m46s566 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h29m49s316

and some caps of the Central West bulletin
vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h41m34s625 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h32m40s318 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h32m48s323 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h32m25s649vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h32m54s386 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h33m14s966 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h33m18s079 vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h33m59s029vlcsnap-2018-09-03-19h41m44s628

Here’s a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTK0x_A_zlU&feature=youtu.be

5 Likes

Karl seems to be a pretty good news presenter. Good to see Prime have a number of high quality presenters.

8 Likes

05/09/2018:
Noel and Shauna were away and Laura Thomas filled in for today’s bulletin.
vlcsnap-2018-09-05-22h20m23s203

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djp_yd5261E&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Unfortunately we can’t really say the same about the “overkill red” set and most of the graphics. OK, so the weather graphics are just about passable but the other elements aren’t really up to scratch (even by regional news standards) IMO.

A pity, because five years ago Prime7 News had a set and graphics package which was arguably better than what Seven News was using at the time.

1 Like

Such a shame that the set is just so bland.

2 Likes

They used up all their red quota on the Prime7 set :upside_down_face:

And apparently their active shots too. Not even an opening zoom in or a closing zoom out.

1 Like

More like “PRIME7 REDЯUM red”

4 Likes

And the set is way too small. And the weather wall is at an awkward angle to the desk.

The red is ok for now, makes a nice change from the blue that other networks all seem to use. Though it’s a colour scheme that I think will date quickly

2 Likes

“Special edition” Prime7 News airing in the Wagga market tonight at 6pm

3 Likes

Presumably because of the by-election yesterday?

2 Likes

Some story’s were put on fb had both Liz and Karl presenting and also did live crosses to two candidates ost looks slightly different

1 Like

Just heard this on a SCA Station where they play Nine News Regional promos…

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that Prime7 Local News had daily Radio Promos!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t of thought they would play on a SCA owned station though? I now have a hobby where instead of recording TV News and Promo’s i’m now recording Radio Promo’s and News as not many people seem to do it.

3 Likes

I remember when I was in Coffs Harbour in June, I heard the local Triple M airing promos for that night’s edition of Prime7 Local News.

3 Likes

Interesting to hear. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Prime7 Local News radio promos on Northern NSW commercial stations before (I’ve definitely heard NBN News promos for that nights news air on radio before though), but it’s quite possible that I haven’t been listening to the right stations or at the right times! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies for the double post, but I’m pretty sure this is worth making a new one over.

It seems like Prime7 Local News has some new (or at the very least, relatively recently introduced) promos - using the song “Our Backyard” by Travis Collins and Amber Laurence. These can be seen in the YouTube uploads of last night’s bulletins between the first & second segments.

The clapperboard at the start suggests that some of the footage used may date back to June, which also makes me wonder if Kenny Heatley did anything for these before announcing his departure from Prime7 at the end of July:
OurBackyardClapperboard%231

Some more caps, for what they’re worth:

Anyway they’re quite good promos by regional news standards with localised footage for each market and the music choice will probably resonate well with areas Prime7 Local News broadcasts to. Would’ve been even better if they got Collins & Laurence to do a re-record of the song for Prime7 which replaces the Uluru references with something more relevant to Prime7’s broadcast region but overall, still one of the better news promos we’ve seen from a regional Australian news service for quite a while.

That appearance of Ray Martin…has he got any new documentaries/specials for Prime7 coming up?

Also the North Coast version of the promo is slightly different due to the inclusion of two very locally relevant lines of the song (“There’s nothing like a Byron Sunrise, the first light of the Southern land” and another coastal-specific bit) and interestingly, an appearance by someone called Brendan Back who isn’t in the other markets version of the promo…wonder what that’s all about?

7 Likes

Being able to put Ray there on the advert for local news seems to be quite a coup.

4 Likes

Weather tonight was done from floriade

1 Like