Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Seven probably won’t want them uploaded to YouTube anyway, so I think SouthCoastTV is on the money. Cease it now while changes are ahead.

3 Likes

They’ll eventually put them on 7 Plus like the 7 Queensland bulletins. If they are all using the same play out system it would not be that difficult to upload them there in the short term. Unless they plan to axe the bulletins once Seven takes control which is unlikely.

2 Likes

Final noodle updates for the year - they’ll be returning in January 2022 :smiley:

2 Likes

Updated style for Seven News promos in non bulletin regions:

3 Likes

Sunrise billboard

National weather updates

4 Likes

If Seven Local News was to be produced, its difficult to say whether it would be at 5:30pm or 6pm. In Victoria and NSW I can only think of 4 stations airing Local News pre 6pm and only 2 of them on a weekday. Ultimately to say that Local News is historically no earlier than 6pm.

WIN TV currently (and when WIN was a Ten affiliate and screening Big Bash Cricket) and Prime Network when Seven tried News at 5pm, then metros screened Wheel Of Fortune and regional local news then Seven News at 6 and Today Tonight and also in 1989 in Canberra, when they tried Prime 5:45.

Prior to aggregation NEN/ECN and RVN/AMV had weekend editions just before national news and WIN also did this.

I guess the argument could be the opposite for QLD which mostly had Local News before 6pm before aggregation. I think once people get used to a program at a certain time and hate when a program airs at a new time, especially when it goes up against another favourite (think of when Seven moved Home and Away to 7pm, up against Neighbours - Ten then moved Neighbours to 6:30pm and News to 5pm).

If a 5:30pm Local News bulletin was to eventuate, then it would need the support of an encore later in the evening on a secondary channel at say 6:30pm or 7pm on 7Two, otherwise, i think Local News at 5:30pm might not work

3 Likes

I’d say a combination. WIN had Local News at 6 in Victoria for many years. There’s a whole bunch of people who aren’t home/not ready by 5.30pm to sit down and watch WIN and a 6pm News would be better placed.

6pm News would probably work in Wollongong/Far South Coast for that same reason. Also possibly provide a f*** you to WIN in their home market.

Now a 5.30pm bulletin might be more justified in Canberra and Newcastle.

Canberra has very strong 7 News Sydney ratings. Would you want to take a chance on that and see ratings possibly subside? Also a better funded local news will either see WIN pick up their game or disappear entirely.

Also Newcastle has very strong heritage from NBN News at 6. Seven could have a shot at 6, but I think longer term they’d have better success not directly competing.

Presumedly the current regional bulletins will stay at 6 (GWN at 5.30) and Gold Coast News at 5.30.

5 Likes

I’m one of those people who aren’t home then when I’m working. There’s times when I’m working when I’m not home by 6:00 to watch Nine News either. Regardless of that I’d prefer to see a regional bulletin on Seven at 5:30 as I’d be able to watch that and Nine News if I’m home then. If Seven News Regional aired at 6:00 I would stick with Nine News.

1 Like

This is why I think an encore on a secondary channel is critical. Also I think they should load it up to platforms such as Facebook and Youtube to maximise viewer exposure

4 Likes

They have 7Plus for this purpose. Also I presume replays on multichannels rate terribly because 7 Queensland haven’t even bothered for ages. They used to replay their bulletins on 7Two at 6.30pm.

4 Likes

Not all markets are the same… otherwise Nine would of kept Millionaire Hot Seat at 5pm across all metro markets

3 Likes

Because they used to have multiple feeds across QLD, now there is just one statewide feed.

3 Likes

Well I guess it also pushes people to download/subscribe to 7Plus to replay their local news which is also an intention.

2 Likes

Some of tonight’s bulletins

North Coast:

Border North East:

3 Likes

The only reason you say that is so that you personally have an alternative to the forbidden WIN News

8 Likes

Didn’t see any Northern Rivers news in that North Coast bulletin - are they getting their own bulletin these days?

1 Like

I reckon Eloise Le Gros (the journo covering the Northern Rivers) is either on holidays or wasn’t available. I also noticed that Samantha Crowe (Port Macquarie based journo) is on leave, hence why Siobhan Fahey (Canberra based journo) has been filling reports for the Port Macquarie area.

2 Likes

Thanks I thought they would have a back up (if not 2 journos) for the Northern Rivers.

2 Likes

With Seven News Melbourne been delayed to 6:30 some nights during the cricket, does the bulletin air in full in Albury-Wodonga?

1 Like

You’d think Local News would still air 6.30pm, and the edited 7 News Melbourne at 7pm.
It’s just both pushed back 30 minutes like 7 News is.

1 Like