Prime On-Air Presentation 1995-96

Lineup:

Ident:

more coming soon

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Was never a fan of This is Where we live era.

1 Like

It is nearly 25 years old of course, but this look hasn’t aged too well! The first three promo endtags in particular look really dated.

2 Likes

I always thought after there late 80s/early 90s look it was a major step down in presentation. It reminded me of a regional on air mid eighties look.

3 Likes

I always disliked prime as whole till they merged with 7 there primeon7 was a hole lost worse

Since when did Kangaroo Valley become Berry?

I remember Ellen airing on Ten but nothing about it being on Seven/Prime.

That’s actually Ellen the sitcom.

Yes, what else would I be referring to?

Berry is a small village in the Shoalhaven region on New South Wales’ south coast.

Recently came across the full 1995 This Is Where We Live theme. Probably the best to come out of regional television IMO.

Prime Tamworth - Wednesday 3/5/1995

Idents:

Classification:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes

It was very dreary and very dull.

I lived in a Prime TV region growing up in the 90s I did not like the “This is Where we Live” IDs but looking back Prime was very unique among the stations as WIN had similar IDs played as stings during the ad break but you commonly woud receive IDs from outside your viewing area not the case on Prime. The WIN ids featured attractions usually nature related in the area feature not usually showing people like Prime. I wish I was of working age and had a job where I got to travel around regional NSW and Victoria with a VCR so i could record the Ids in each region.

3 Likes

It was a better time in tv. The last decade it has gradually turned into a country-wide simulcast wasteland. Little to have pride in these days.

1 Like