Prime Media Group

im guessing west media would need a new name cant since it now covers more of Australia and west dosnt make sense they should call it Seven Media :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yet you’ve dismissed everyone who has commented that there are other issues for Prime & Seven to deal with first.

The “West” element refers to the West Australian Newspapers business they purchased in 2011

1 Like

ive heard that 7 wont make any major changes for up to 3 months, which sort of marries up with a timeline set out in other posts on this site.

1 Like

Seven have completed the acquisition today - SWM boss James Warburton from their release to the ASX:

SWM Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, James Warburton, said: “After enjoying a very successful partnership for many years, our two businesses are becoming one.

“The merger of SWM and PRT is a real game changer for both businesses and for the Australian media sector. We now have the potential to reach more than 90% of Australia’s population each month as one integrated company and to give advertisers and agencies easy and seamless access to metro and regional markets.

“Prime is a great business and is the #1 TV network in regional Australia by a big margin. In the metro markets, Seven has been #1 for 13 of the past 15 years, including this year, while 7plus is the #1 commercial BVOD service nationally.

“Together, we are the country’s leading commercial premium broadcast, video and news network. I’d like to welcome the Prime team to Seven West Media and I look forward to working with them,” he said.

5 Likes

Maybe after the Commonwealth Games in July?

The company will change its name to PRT Company Limited as the regional broadcaster officially trades as Seven from January 1, 2022.

Prt?

yep correct

Prime regional TV?

Not when they said a new name cant have prime in it dont think 7 would wanna go under prime name

HaS ThE loGo ChAnGeD YeT?

11 Likes

sounds like tomorrow when prime trades as Seven from jan 1

PRT is their ASX ticker code. The plan is for the company to be wound up by March.

Seven West Media now own Prime and all its IP - the company they’ve bought it from (Prime Media Group) change their name from tomorrow not to infringe on that IP they’ve sold.

PRT Company Limited will be delisted and wound up later in January once the proceeds of the sale are distributed to shareholders

12 Likes

I doubt it. Like others, I am looking forward to seeing just the 7 logo, and the launch of 7mate HD, but these things take time.

7 own the company now, so it’ll all happen… just likely not for a while. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.

For now I’m happy in the knowledge these things will happen eventually

1 Like

It’s worth pointing out at this stage, we don’t know what Seven intends to do, if anything, and when they might choose to do it. Remember they’ve only “got the keys” today and there is likely a decent amount of work that will be required to bring everything together.

It’s reasonable to expect they’ll economise on brands and Seven have hinted heavily towards some stuff in local news. Good reasons can be made for and against starting these changes rapidly - but Seven have inherited reasonably strong brands and news services that it may not be an immediate priority

Its taken Nine years to do this with NBN, and you could easily argue they arent finished.

5 Likes

The key dates (from Prime Media’s announcement to ASX)

Prime Media also announced that Ian Audsley stepped down as CEO and board director at close of business today, as the result of the completion of the sale. Also today, John Palisi stepped down as chief financial officer and became a non-executive director, and Joshua Lowcock quit as board director.

1 Like

I’d say Prime7 website would be closed dont think 7 would rebrand it nothing that would go onto the 7+ website

Just a simple redirect to the main 7plus website would work until the domain expires.

3 Likes

found this > certain transitional services will be provided by Seven to Prime for a 12 month period for the purposes of facilitating an orderly winding-up of Prime