Planet America

Friday 22 July-
Capitol Attack Hearings

Special Edition on News Channel at 8.30pm tonight with John and Chas examining the hearings into the Capitol attacks on January 6.

4 Likes

A great special tonight - in regards to the Capitol Attacks earlier this year.

At the end of the show, John said that the regular series will return in September, and that it will focus on the Mid-Term Elections.

Great to have it back, but seems like a strange occasion for a special, it’s been a relatively quiet fortnight in US politics. A month ago they would of had uvalde and abortion to discuss.

Planet America 2022

Monday 19 September 9.30pm [Main Channel]

Chas Licciardello and John Barron return to unpack the complexities of US politics in their own inimitable way.

In the run up to November’s mid-term elections, Chas Licciardello and John Barron return to unpack the complexities of US politics in their own inimitable way.

With a razor-thin majority, can the Democrats avoid a midterm wipe-out? And will Donald Trump help or hinder a Republican ‘red wave’?

The stakes are high and so is the drama as Planet America returns to examine just how united the states of America really are.

Production credit: Executive Producer, Annie White

1 Like

Great it’s getting promoted to the main channel. A great program.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hasn’t it already been screening on the main channel for the past few years?

1 Like

I thought it was just on at 8pm Fridays on ABC news but I could be mistaken. I mainly watched it on iView.

When they were doing the two shows a week, it used to air at 9:30 Wednesdays on the main channel and 8pm Fridays on the News Channel. Last year with the one show a week, it was only the Friday show on the News Channel.

2 Likes

It’s the 9:30 Wednesdays slot I remember, for being first run. Probably when I was likely to catch it too.

The new season premiere has been pushed back by one week.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s in the stable of China Tonight/India Now… those three shows seem to be linked throughout the year now sharing a timeslot. They all kinda look alike too.

New set apparently…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Planet America: Midterm Elections Special

Wednesday 9 November 9:00 PM AEDT on ABC News

In a one hour Planet America Special, Chas and John break down all the news and results after the US Midterm Elections. What does the outcome mean for Biden, Trump, the future of the US and the 2024 Presidential race?

1 Like

1 Like

Season final on Monday 21 November

1 Like

Tonight’s midterm special. Mention that they will possibly have a special episode if Trump announces for President.

1 Like

Where is it filmed? Does the set just sit there waiting?

It was again stated tonight that if Trump announces he is running for President again in 2024 there will be a special edition of Planet America on ABC News on Wednesday night - in place of the usual repeat of tonight’s episode at 9:30 PM AEDT.

2 Likes