Planet America

At the end of Wednesday’s season final, they announced the show would return in 2021 in time for the Presidential inauguration.

3 Likes

Planet America special early return

Wednesday 20 January at 8:30 pm AEDT ABC News channel looking at the insurrection, impeachment and previewing inauguration day.

Then Friday 22 January at 8:15 pm AEDT then ongoing Fridays 8:15pm

Planet America: Inauguration Special
Chas and John are back in 2021 to cast an eye over the Biden administration, as President Joe Biden and his Vice President Kamala Harris get down to work on the pandemic, economic recovery and to reunite the nation.

2 Likes

Considering how well the Wednesday episodes rated on the main ABC channel last year, it’s interesting that Planet America is going back to being a once a week show on Friday nights rather than continue with the twice weekly format

2 Likes

I didn’t realise there has been a Planet America podcast since last year.

1 Like

Glad that the show is returning this Friday.

I hope there are still the usual interviews, and stats from Chas too. Its a great little hidden gem of a show.

4 Likes

I like it. I just wish Chas would slow down a bit!

1 Like

Haha, i agree. As knowledgeable as he is on US Politics, he does need to take it easy with the cordial in some episodes. lol.

1 Like

Each ‘Planet Extra’ podcast would probably go for a good few hours if he didn’t slow down!

1 Like

Updated for 8pm tonight:

Trump cries treason after more bombshell book claims. Plus are we on the verge of a new arms race? Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta joins Chas and John to discuss AUKUS and the threat of war with China.

https://twitter.com/JohnBarronUSA/status/1438762904996630531?s=20

2 Likes

Good to read that the show is returning next year (even if it is mid-year as the article suggests). It’s a great little show, and gives us an insight to US Politics.

3 Likes

I’ve always found it to be a great insight into American politics, especially when they break down the bigger issues.

Hopefully, Chas will continue to do some new PEPisodes over the extended break, even if it isn’t weekly.

3 Likes

Update from John on twitter recently about Planet America return this year.

2 Likes

Friday 15 July - Special Edition

2 Likes

Seems like its wasted in that slot. If it’s a special, they should trial it Monday 9:30 on the main channel. It could become a staple part of the Monday lineup.

2 Likes

It’s better airing on Friday nights so that it can wrap up the week in US politics.

3 Likes

Update -

John tweeted yesterday that Friday’s special edition has been postponed,he said it might now air next week.

2 Likes