Pirate Radio

I don’t condone pirate radio but at the same time I can’t say I have never fired up a 10w TX into a antenna to have a play… But christ at least use a decent transmitter, Especially using those filthy CZE TX’s… I bought one myself simply to see just how dirty they are and I was shocked when i put it into a Test Set… they spew more shit then a sick zombie :wink:
In my view the fact the person would even consider putting it to air not to mention actually doing it shows how little technical knowledge and respect for other band users they have.

Same here mate, not everyone finds the tests easy but the effort is worth it to experiment legally for $58 a year…

Oh and BTW if any past posters wish to question my background, I work as a broadcast tech in commercial radio so have a rough idea what I am on about as do a lot of other members on this forum

8 Likes

I’m sure it’s more than a rough idea! You certainly sound like you know what you’re on about! Along with @RFBurns, @radioengineer and @4TAB-1008kHz … apologies if I’ve missed anyone!

It’s always great to read posts from those with industry experience

8 Likes

This little birdie sitting on my shoulder says that a certain someone is back on air :wink:
Very weak in the east.

3 Likes

Sort of applicable but fun fact, If you listen around 7000khz in LSB (at night) you will hear pirate Indonesian operators singing. Booms into Melbourne clear in the evenings.

2 Likes

Picking up 89.5 at my location in NW Sydney. very weak on my hifi through the outdoor fm omni antenna.
Much better received on the car stereo.
No station Id’s heard so far.
Playing hip hop music with very explicit language.

6 Likes

From the RDS Thread:

I did a bit of research on this and found the website links to an ABN: Current details for ABN 85 390 178 724 | ABN Lookup and FB Facebook
An interesting one this one as it seems to well put together, what with the logo and RDS as mentioned before.

3 Likes

Yesterday was Halloween, today is broadcast like a pirate day!!!

89.5 Penrith Valley Bangaz is back on air.

4 Likes

Perhaps they’re capitalising on the new ACMA website in the hope complainants won’t be able to find where to complaint via the website?

@Ant5476 thanks for letting us know. Reckless conduct again from the operator.

3 Likes

With intense tropo over the region I wonder how much further his signal will travel? Probably his best chance of getting bustard.

Restarting his broadcasts in these conditions may not be the smartest move.

2 Likes

My taxes have been wasted on that. It’s as difficult to navigate as the previous one … but now on some pages I click a link and either get a 404 error or go around in a circle.

3 Likes

Very weak mono signal best around The Ponds / Stanhope with LOS toward the mountains. Patchy to no signal around Blacktown / Marayong.

Penrith Valley Bangaz is asking people to like them on Facebook.

1 Like

Not getting it here near Newcastle.

4 Likes

Kant 'ere Penriff Valley Banghaahhzz 'ere. Wots wit dat bro?

4 Likes

Our friend has been reading media spy again and he is pissed!!! He has been copying up our posts onto his Facebook page, cannot repeat the words he posted about us without getting barred for life from this forum.
In the work truck around Orchard Hills and this is where the signal starts get listenable.
So obviously coming more from the Penrith direction.
I must omit some of the music he is playing is quite good, enough said.

6 Likes

36 likes on his page and not one single interaction with any of his posts. I think we’re giving him more promotion than he is capable of :laughing:

6 Likes

He is liking his own posts.

2 Likes

Pirate Radio Starter fm 89.5 “The Beat of Sydney” on air.

Same signal strength as Penrith Valley Bangaz, but broadcasting in stereo.
Playing more mainstream music.

Probably will cop a verbal spray on his Facebook page for posting this if same guy.

3 Likes

Well timed as I’ll be heading out that way tonight (Richmond). I’ll see how good it gets out.

4 Likes

Station sounds very professional, they are currently broadcasting the DJ top 30 countdown which is a syndicated program.

2 Likes

website http://www.starterfm.com

Professional website too, with past playlist and program guide.

Under frequencies they have a section donate a frequency. They have taken 89.5mhz!!!

1 Like