Perth Telethon

The song belted out when the $300 million milestone (cumulative donation raised since 1968) was reached just after 7.30pm Perth time.

3 Likes

Sick of the boring card “magic” tricks!

1 Like

Karen presents advertorials on The Morning Show and The Daily Edition. She said on the panel tonight that she flies to Perth every 4-6 weeks to record the advertorials at Ch7 studios.

6 Likes

I didn’t realise that the advertorial segments on The Morning Show & The Daily Edition were produced in Perth - I just assumed they were done in Sydney or Melbourne!

And she’s really good here at Telethon.

Rick said last night (when Joel Creasey told him Sue should move out so he could move in) that he would need to come back in many years as Sue isn’t going anywhere.

Nat was at a friends wedding. (Kochie mentioned how it’s like having a wedding on GF day - you don’t plan one for Telethon weekend).

1 Like

I’m well aware who Kaz is, she’s been part of TMS for a decade, but my point (if it’d been missed) was why does she need to me a part of Telethon? Seems a rather odd choice.

Though I didn’t realise she flew to Perth regularly, read somewhere TMS advertorials were filmed in Sydney and Melbourne.

Karen attended last year’s Telethon as well.

I reckon some advertorials are still done in Sydney or Melbourne.

1 Like

If she is a presenter on the Seven Network, on programs that air in Perth, why would that be an “off choice”?

3 Likes

AFL Commission chairman Richard Goyder makes his debut on the panel tonight as the new chairman of Telethon Trust. This month he also becomes the new chairman of Qantas.

1 Like

Wow! $38 million have been raised in this year’s Telethon. We have broken another record this year. This was surpassed from the $36.4 million raised from 2017. Congratulations. You Beauty! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

And it was achieved despite a weaker guest line-up than last year’s 50th anniversary.
This year is the first time I watch Telethon for a substantial period. I saw the opening, the early morning (5.30am-6.30am AWST), breakfast and then the final two hours tonight. I was impressed with the production standard. If only some of those elements can be transferred to next year’s Good Friday Appeal here in Melbourne. But guess donation is the most important thing here.

2 Likes

no one cares about the guests lmao. people donate cos it’s basically a tradition now.

christ and it’s gonna be like $100 mill per year in like a decade or two

4 Likes

Just shows you Even a B team can still bring home the bacon
Once again onya Wa :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

GWN7 is using the Live And Free sport watermark.

Last year I was at Telethon for mid morning early afternoon and watched bits and pieces at home.

Well done to all of Perth and Western Australia.

3 Likes

I watched the closing part of the Telethon that involves Leo Sayer singing You Make me feel like dancing. The people on the stage danced and sang out in unison. During the end, they played a tribute to Savannah Addis, Telethon 2011 star who tragically passed away 2 months ago. Your legacy will live on forever, Savannah. RIP Savannah. (2000-2018) The telecast finished at 8:40PM (Perth Time).

3 Likes

Arnt they done at silk studios where they also produce them for today extra too?

Basil has been doing Telethon since the turn of the decade after Jeff Newman’s retirement in 2009

I went to the closing tonight…

1 Like