Perth Telethon

Not going to happen. That would be taking away something that’s uniquely Perth / WA and ruining it by making it nationwide, same if they did it for the Melb/VIC Good Friday Appeal.

It was bad enough that they tried to do it some years ago when Sunday’s Sunrise would have elements of Telethon throughout.

2 Likes

Who even are the hotties this year? :thinking:

1 Like

Look I grant you, the pickings seem slim. But I’m hopeful of surprises

I wonder if Basil Zempilas will be presenting Sunrise at the perth convention and exhibition centre because on a regular sunday, he does Sunrise with Monique wright in Sydney.

that would Probably be a No last 1/2 of sunrise will be shown live on 7 tomorrow from 6.30 WST

Appears not to be on 7plus which is disappointing.

Edit: lol I’m an hour early.

1 Like

The telecast starts at 6.30pm Perth time (which taking into account the time difference, is 9.30pm over here) so if Seven are planning to allow the rest of Australia to watch Telethon via 7Plus, I presume the stream will be made available on 7Plus once the broadcast starts or just before it starts.

2 Likes

Country artist Casey Barnes is one of the performers tonight.

1 Like

Live cross to Rick and Sue 15 minutes before the telethon

5 Likes

No live stream yet on the 7Plus app on Android and Fetch.

3 Likes

Opener:

8 Likes

There is a live stream here:

https://www.telethon7.com/telethon-weekend/telethon-live-video-stream/

1 Like

First panel tonight, scroller is now on screen and a message from Scomo with a donation of $2million.

5 Likes

Thanks for the video. I could see Agro and Adam Dovile (Better Homes and Gardens) among the personalities appearing on stage in the opener.

EDIT: $8.1 million already raised by 8pm Perth time. That’s the fastest start in Telethon’s history according to The Sunday Times of Perth.

EDIT 2: $9 million reached by 8.53pm Perth time.

4 Likes

lmao remember when we got 7 mill max wow

2 Likes

Telethon On 7. Call 1300 737 507 to donate!

3 Likes

I remember the days of the late 90s where they struggled to get $2-3mil, which was substantially less than the totals in earlier years.
With that sort of start this year Stokes may not need to top it up with millions of dollars to get it over the record as in past years…

4 Likes

$15.84 million raised by 6.30am Perth time when the telethon went on a 30-minute break for Weekend Sunrise. Looks like last year’s record will be broken again.

Pretty poor form. The Telethon never ended up on 7plus.

1 Like

Miss hearing this song https://soundcloud.com/lostperth/telethon-thank-you-very-much. They used to play it at million dollar milestones, but the milestones are all regular and too quickly now. If they had done it at millions we would have heard it 15 times by now!