Perth Telethon

I have received a Sunday Times newspaper from my driveway. Every Sunday Times newspaper being delivered or purchased, ten cents will be donated to telethon. Anyone received or purchased a Sunday Times Newspaper.

They usually play it during the credits, so we are bound to here it soon :slight_smile:

Has there been a reason why this hasnt happen

1 Like

LOL! Maybe they could play “Thank You Very Much” for $10 Million milestones or at the end of the telecast?

On the graphical side of things, surely I can’t be the only one who thinks the look of Telethon (which if I’m not mistaken, has been in use for a few years now) is a little bit on the amateurish side?

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware that by far the most important part of the appeal is to raise money for what I’m sure is a wonderful cause but surely Australian TV can do better than using a standard Windows font as part of the donations ticker in 2018? Like when we’ve had local telethons on Sydney TV in recent years, the graphics used have generally been something which suits the appeal (obviously not as corporate-looking as a news bulletin, etc.) while simultaneously maintaining a professional look.

agree about the ticker, but the rest is ok IMO. They arent used that much anyway. I would actually have the donate now bug on more of the show though.

They don’t do proper panel openers anymore either, like this one

2 Likes

I wish they’d shake up the set. Have a live shot or something behind the panel. I get it’s all free and donated but it wouldn’t be too hard surely.

Worked the Call Centre again last night. Much busier than previous years. Lots of access to celebs with the Call Centre again at the PCEC where all of the rest of the action is taking place.

3 Likes

agree, the set could be refreshed. Make it a bit brighter. The Call centre being at the PCEC is a good idea, better than the Sunday times IMO.

The show has been good, and its all about the donations obviously, but a couple of things feel off this year. A Lot of the network stars arent there who normally come arent there (Mel Doyle, Sam Armytage, Nat Barr, Kylie Gilles, AOK etc) and they also havent crossed to the celebs at the hospital this year at all (unless ive missed it) , which would have been interesting with the new hospital. And they have had panels at weird times. ie the HR & MKR Contestants were on the panel early hours this morning, when normally they would be on “primetime”…

1 Like

Didn’t you attend telethon at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre today?

Please tell me someone has a cap of the old CD Sue held up which had a promotional shot of Rick & Sue from the early 2000s! :laughing: Just missed it!

3 Likes

An interesting CD was used in one of the ‘In it to Win It’ segments

@Biscuit45

8 Likes

Nice work "SamSam

2 Likes

I knew I could count on you @SamSamTV :wink:

4 Likes

“Seven News For Schools” - wonder what that was all about?

Hopefully something they’ve got a spare copy of in any case!

2 Likes

Mark Readings was there. Guess how much money he has?

2 Likes

Mel Doyle was at radio awards in Melbourne (so was My son congrats Dan on your 2nd award)
Andrew Okeefe hasnt been here for at 5 years
The others Not Sure!! why Nat Barr must have something pretty important not to come home for our telethon

2 Likes

At 7Pm, there About $28 million was raised.

$300 million has been raised in telethon during their 51 year history. Congratulations :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Just amazing to see telethon grow over 51 Years

2 Likes

Sunrise’s Nathan Templeton and Home and Away’s Rohan Nichol made history by securing $2.5 million donation from Crown Perth in the final In It to Win It challenge. Rohan had to bounce seven ping pong balls into seven plastic cups which were tied to Nathan’s head, arms and knees. And they did it with 15 seconds to spare!

4 Likes