Pay TV History

Here’s a video of Channel [V] in the “[V] Music Therapy” era from 2010 via Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/65939505

4 Likes

I still remember the Galaxy preview channel. Optus vision had the same thing. Back then it was pretty amazing.

Just did a whole bunch of uploads from The Comedy Channel in late 2003 to my YouTube Channel.

Some highlights include:
A Foxtel/Austar ident:

A Foxtel/Austar line up of movies airing the next night:

General channel promos for FOX8 and W:

3 Likes

Can you upload some caps from Channel V in late 2009?

This is awesome stuff, thanks so much for uploading!

2 Likes

VH1 Foxtel Commercials 2005 - YouTube

Who Remember the vh1 channel on foxtel

Thanks to the channel adelaidecrowsrdabest for this clip

4 Likes

I loved VH1, in particular the program Pop Up Video.

1 Like

Those ringtone commercials made VH1 and other Foxtel music channels completely unwatchable in the 2000s! I disconnected my Foxtel in 2005 because of this. Now it’s ads for life insurance and the Australian Government that are on high rotation on Foxtel. To be perfectly fair VH1 did show a lot of Australian music in its time on Foxtel.

1 Like

It was one of only a couple of channels that made SelecTV somewhat worth it back in the day.

10 aired a free to air version of this at one point at 6pm Sunday’s.

2 Likes

They were all over FTA as well

Life Insurance ads all over FTA during daytime TV.

1 Like

Who else remembers Foxtel’s Fox8 in the “It’s All Here” era from 2006 to 2008
Thanks to adelaidecrowsrdabest for the video!

3 Likes

Here’s an old version of Foxtel Help:
Thanks to CNTVFAN_AU for the video

5 Likes

Can u guys show me some caps from the Foxtel EPG around the 2000’s?

1 Like

What box had this Austar UI? Hilton hasn’t paid for Austar for the package Bloomberg is in for a while it seems :grimacing:

5 Likes

Screenshots of Channel V’s 2007-2010 on-air presentation elements (Part 1)
A promo for Rock School

4 Likes

That seems like a Flinders box or something of that era, right?

No, thats the MyStar Standard box UI. The Flinders box was a blue tone. (If I recall?)

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right. I got those two confused.

1 Like

From news reports of the launch of Premier Sports Network on 26 Jan 1995.

Ten News Melbourne:
Premier Sports Network went to air at 4pm with Ron Casey the first presenter on Pay TV. News and movie channels to also start that day with all 8 channels operating by early March.

ABC News Melbourne:
Ron Casey launches Pay TV: “This Australian Day 1995 is indeed historic. Welcome to the future!”

First to air as a sports channel only at the moment in Melbourne and Sydney. Other states to come on board later in the year. Sports channel to be soon supplemented by 7 others including a movie channel and children’s programming.

12 Likes