Paramount+

For a relatively new service it’s actually been churning through quite a lot of new content. You couldn’t possibly get through it all. I’ve got Stan, Netflix, Disney, P+ and foxtel and there is so much content that I want to watch it’s just impossible to get through it all. Not to mention the stuff I’m watching on SBS on demand and iView.

P+ is way better than All Access and after only a month and a half there is a good flow of product coming through.

That doesn’t forgive the technical issues with the app, logins and streaming on connected devices. That’s still atrocious and needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

On the comedy show question, I am guessing yes - The Lloyd Langford and Anne Edmonds one sounds like their Melbourne Comedy Festival from earlier this year.

2 Likes

I went to Anne and Lloyd’s and Celia’s shows that were filmed. The latter was in mid-May as Celia did not perform at the MICF.

Weird how they call Who is America new given it was on Stan and is 3 years old. It’s a new addition to their Showtime section i guess.

And with Spreadsheet, hopefully it will excel on P+ :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but in terms of the Australian version being inferior in terms of functionality, another thing I’ve noticed is the availability.
P+ is available on PS4 and PS5 in the US, but the app isn’t an option here in Australia, I would have thought they would have made it available - at the very least to get the name out there.

3 Likes

An irritating misleading claim which others have been making too; when they make such claims they should at least have to say ‘new to streaming service name’.

1 Like

There’s Only One Madonna.

Madame X. Premieres Globally Friday, 8 October On Paramount+.

Madonna’s highly-anticipated documentary film, Madame X , is set to exclusively premiere Friday, 8 October on Paramount+.

In an unprecedented intimate streaming experience, the compelling film will showcase the exceptional performance from the pop icon in her awe-inspiring sold out tour show.

The new music experience will take viewers on a journey through Madonna’s daring persona Madame X , a secret agent traveling around the world, changing identities, fighting for freedom, and bringing light to dark places.

Filmed in Lisbon, Portugal, the 2 hour film will celebrate music from the seven-time Grammy Award winner’s fourteenth studio album of the same name, alongside previous hits and fan favourites in this celebration of exceptional artistry and performance.

Weren’t Showtime shows that premiered on Stan meant to stay exclusive to Stan? How is Who is America getting onto P+?

Stan hasn’t had that show for a while. I’m not sure how it works … here is the Showtime stuff Stan still has 40 Showtime titles and some aren’t new:

A New Galactic Adventure Begins.

Introducing Star Trek: Prodigy. All-New Animated Kids’ Series Lands On Paramount+ On October 29.

Welcome aboard Starfleet.

A new crew. A new voyage. A new, greater galaxy awaits. This is, Star Trek: Prodigy , the all-new animated kids’ series streaming exclusively on Paramount+ from October 29.

Developed by Emmy® Award winners Kevin and Dan Hageman ( Trollhunters and Ninjago ), the CG-animated series Star Trek: Prodigy is the first Star Trek series aimed at younger audiences, and will follow a motley crew of young aliens who must figure out how to work together while navigating a greater galaxy, in search of a better future. These six young outcasts know nothing about the ship they have commandeered – a first in the history of the Star Trek franchise – but over the course of their adventures together, they will each be introduced to Starfleet and the ideals it represents.

The Star Trek: Prodigy theme is composed by Academy Award winner Michael Giacchino, and the series music is by Nami Melumad ( An American Pickle , Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond , Absentia ).

“I am excited that I had the opportunity to write the main theme for Kevin and Dan’s latest project, and as always am thrilled to be a part of the Star Trek family,” said Michael Giacchino.

“I’m especially looking forward to everyone hearing the incredible work of composer Nami Melumad, who will take the reins of scoring the episodes. Not only is she extremely talented, she is a true Star Trek fan.”

The new cast voicing the six young aliens in the animated series includes Ella Purnell; Brett Gray; Jason Mantzoukas; Rylee Alazraqui; Dee Bradley Baker and Angus Imrie. They will join Kate Mulgrew, who is reprising her iconic role from Star Trek: Voyager as Captain Kathryn Janeway. Also joining the crew and making their debut as the series’ main villains, is John Noble and Jimmi Simpson.

Star Trek: Prodigy is produced by the Nickelodeon Animation Studio and CBS Studios’ Eye Animation Production.

1 Like

Would’ve thought Amazon Prime would’ve tried to pick this up to go with their other Star Trek programming, I wonder if P+ could get the other series from the franchise on a non-exclusive arrangement or inevitably when the rights lapse.

That man’s in literally every animated show and movie under the sun. It’s weird.

ViacomCBS need to have some of their own content on P+, and Star Trek is one of them.

Star Trek: Picard was on CBS All Access in the USA, but they licensed it to Amazon Prime internationally as they did Star Trek: Discovery to Netflix.

I’d imagine ViacomCBS will be retaining the first-run rights from now on, at least for everywhere their own service (P+) is available.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. There’s a new Star Trek tv series: new worlds or something like that and I expect it to be on P+. They need to hold onto series that will attract subscribers.

Strange New Worlds.

Amazon has Lower Decks and Picard as rights holders, Netflix has Discovery under co-production agreement.

2 Likes

A week later and still no FBI: International. After numerous attempts and ridiculous responses they still can’t get their house in order.

2 Likes

Did they advertise it as being on the service? I had a quick look on socials but couldn’t see anything. Pretty poor if that’s the case, especially to give you the run around after reaching out.

Not that I saw but I asked them before it started and they said it would be. And it should be. NCIS, NCIS Hawaii, FBI, Bull and FBI Most Wanted are all up with new episodes and CSI Vegas starts next month on it too so I also assumed FBI International would be there.

1 Like

My understanding is that FBI International was premiering Sunday October 3rd at 10:30 pm on 10 for the 3 part crossover before moving over to Paramount+ for the remaining episodes.

2 Likes