Paramount+

4 Likes

Bar Rescue airs on the Paramount Network in the US, any chance this will be on the service in AU?

1 Like

Paramount + promo

1 Like

The only thing Pike and Spock are missing are tricorders scanning their surroundings. :wink:

I’m glad that they were chosen to represent Star Trek. So far they’re among the best things to come out of the new series.

2 Likes

First time I’ve received one of these emails since the service began, and I haven’t been a member for a long time.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Heh heh heh…crack. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think it’s going to be a minor service here like Britbox . They already sold Why Woman Kill to SBS and The Stand to Amazon Prime. Call it something different , I don’t think it’s going to change all that much except the Showtime additions. Maybe I’m wrong but Disney, Amazon, Netflix even Stan seem to have strong offering

Also why is Drunk History Australia on both 10 Play and 10 All Access?

2 Likes

I’m surprised that the angle for this service that comes first is Live Sports, Breaking News and then ‘A Mountain of Entertainment’.

Given the purpose of the streamer is to launch it in multiple territories, I would think their library catalogue and original series would be better to promote rather than a few sports and a streaming news service.

I don’t think this service will be that big at all, especially knowing how 10 have managed All Access locally and the limited content available.

2 Likes

They made it to the top

4 Likes

Do people really want to pay for a streaming service to watch CBS News, CBS late shows and Reality shows?

Because they took a large chunk of this promo.

Paramount Movies and Nickelodeon should have been primary focus with supporting acts from CBS dramas (like they have in this promo) and other Showtime and Viacom properties.

2 Likes

These promos appear to be aimed at the American audience. I suspect promo campaigns will be tailored to different international audiences as the service is rolled out across the world with less focus on the sport and news component and more emphasis on movies and series television.

9 Likes

Yellowstone is streamed in Australia on Stan, it will be interesting to see if it get the local rights to the spin-off as well.

1 Like

Because FTA catchup and subscription video on demand are :clap:t2: not :clap:t2: the :clap:t2: same :clap:t2: thing :clap:t2:

7 Likes

Yes but i thought they might make it exclusive to 10 All Access and make people pay to watch it.

It’s not the kind of content that is going to bring additional viewers to the service, heck they’ve really got nothing on there currently which would be driving subscriptions so any content is better than none.

3 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-02-12/viacomcbs-launches-paramount-without-many-top-shows

ViacomCBS has in recent years sold the rights to numerous shows to other streamers, the story reports. But there are numerous new shows coming:

The Grease series sounds good - hopefully better than Grease 2.

2 Likes

Oh no! Some things should be left alone, as they are.

2 Likes

‘Arms dealer’? So Bloomberg are now equating licensing your video content to selling devices designed to kill people? Even though some of ViacomCBS’ content may be… well crap, I doubt it kills people.

1 Like
1 Like