Paramount+

Gotta go where the money is, if they can license these shows to generate more money then they will. Times are tough out there, plenty of competition in this space and ViacomCBS are about to invest big in a global streamer soon too.

Neither are bringing audiences to All Access currently, and other production companies license their content across multiple steamers - this is nothing new.

3 Likes

Paramount+ is the name of the ViacomCBS streaming service in Nordic countries, some central and eastern European countries and in Central and South America. Although it’s called Paramount Play in Poland and has this logo.

So ViacomCBS will need to rebrand all of their existing services worldwide if they go with a new brand, and not Paramount+.

5 Likes

ViacomCBS CEO Bob Bakish will be appearing on CNBC Squawk Box in a couple of hours and is expected to reveal details of the company’s new premium streaming service.

4 Likes

Confirmation from ViacomCBS that CBS/10 All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 with Australia to be amongst the first international territories to receive it.

@littlegezzybear was on the money.

7 Likes

A Mountain of Entertainment is a great slogan

9 Likes

I hate the plus, can we just stick with Paramount!!!

3 Likes

I actually love that they’re using a heritage, internationally known brand name for a new media streaming service. I suppose the addition of the plus distinguishes it from the studio name.

The slate of original programming they have in development looks promising.

12 Likes

It’s definitely a lot better than the current 10 All Access, but I don’t think the programming will take to Australian audiences to be honest. Unless they add some Australian titles.

4 Likes

Bob Bakish speaking on Squawk Box says live sports and breaking news will feature as part of the new service and differentiate it from the likes of Netflix. Not sure how the sport will work with international rights issues. Hope they aren’t relying on Ten for the local news component considering they’re currently gutting that department.

Bakish says a price point will be announced in coming months.

1 Like

Minimal Australian content doesn’t seem to have slowed the uptake of Netflix, Disney+, AppleTV +, HBO Max, Amazon Prime …

4 Likes

And this is why I don’t think the service will take off here. 10 doesn’t have a news services let alone any local sport to broadcast on it. Clearly Australia is an after thought.

1 Like

No, but these brands are well established in Australia and now have local content built within their service.

Australian content is minimal and I doubt anyone signs up for the local content.

4 Likes

I really hope that’s not the logo they’re going to be using for the service, looks awful.

As a movie studio, sure. I can see the history in it and value in not changing things up.

But as a streaming service for the 21st century competing with the likes of Netflix, HBO Max, Peacock etc it needs something fresh.

The name is growing on me.

1 Like

This one?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 10.57.53 PM

1 Like

Yeah I agree. But I think it’s the content within this service seems a bit bland. I just cant see the uptake being high in Australia unlike Disney or Apple + which have recently arrived. A lot of the content can be watched on other platforms. I do like the name though.

Yup, not a fan at all.

They’ve just tried to simplify it a little with the detail on the mountain and moving the stars within the circle.

The bright blue background also seems a little jarring with a more heritage style logo.

Maybe it’ll grow on me like the name, but it just doesn’t look like like a brand or logo for a new major streaming service.

1 Like

Love the slogan, “A Mountain of Entertainment”. But the name is just uncreative. We already have Disney+ (amd Apple TV+), why give their service such a similar name?

3 Likes

ViacomCBS Unveils New Brand For Transformed 10 All Access And Global SVOD Services: Paramount+

• 10 All Access to be rebranded as Paramount+ in 2021.
  • ViacomCBS’ global subscription video on-demand services will also carry the Paramount+ name.
  • Rebranded service to feature Original series Lioness , from Creator Taylor Sheridan, First Ladies and The Offer .

ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand today announced its subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, 10 All Access , will be rebranded as Paramount+ in 2021.

ViacomCBS global subscription video on-demand services will also be named Paramount+, establishing one cohesive global consumer brand that illustrates the breadth of content and genres these services provide under the banner of one of Hollywood’s most storied legacies.

David Lynn, President and CEO, ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), said: “With the global launch of Paramount+ we are poised to become as powerful a player in streaming as we are in TV. VCNI is focused on building a meaningful, global brand presence in our key markets, generating material advertising, subscription and licensing revenue from streaming.

“By leveraging the iconic Paramount brand, leading edge infrastructure from ViacomCBS along with an incredible, super-sized pipeline of must-see content, Paramount+ will deliver an exceptional consumer entertainment experience and significantly disrupt the streaming industry.”

Chief Content Officer & Executive Vice President of ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand, Beverley McGarvey, said: “The rebrand of 10 All Access to Paramount+ confirms its place in ViacomCBS’ global streaming network which will carry iconic ViacomCBS library content.

“As we continue to build out our multi-platform offering and with a firm focus on building our streaming offering, we’re really thrilled to be bringing the Paramount+ brand to local audiences.”

Today, ViacomCBS also revealed plans for three new original series for Paramount+ in Australia. Lioness , a spy drama created by Taylor Sheridan (“Yellowstone”) with Sheridan, Jill Wagner, David Glasser, David Hutkin, and Bob Yari set to executive produce. Based on a real CIA program, Lioness follows a young Marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within. The series will mark the first original for Paramount Television on the service.

Paramount+ will be the exclusive home of SHOWTIME premieres, including the hour-long drama First Ladies , starring and executive produced by Oscar®, Emmy® and Tony® winner Viola Davis winner Viola Davis, who will play former first lady Michelle Obama.

The service has also ordered The Offer , a scripted series from Paramount Television Studios based on Oscar®-winning producer Al Ruddy’s extraordinary, never revealed experiences of making “The Godfather.”

The 10-episode limited event series is written and executive produced by Michael Tolkin (“Escape at Dannemora” and “The Player”). Ruddy will also serve as executive producer and Emmy-winning producer Leslie Greif (“Hatfields & McCoys”) will executive produce and be a writer on the series.

This programming will join 10 All Access’ existing offering of more than 10,000 episodes and movies from CBS, CW and Network 10, as well as original series like The Good Fight , The Twilight Zone , Tooning Out The News , Interrogation , Why Women Kill and Tell Me A Story .

2 Likes

Here it begins, Channel 10 beginning to lose their identity…