Paramount Australia & New Zealand

with CBS at the helm, I don’t think Newscorp will balk at the money.

1 Like

The desire for clickbait/content will surely overtake any hurt feelings :wink:

4 Likes

Then why the fuck are they wanting to buy Ten if they’ve lost money on that same asset?!?

8 Likes

Again, any employee who supported this deal would be signing their employment away.
Who knows what these two had planned…

4 Likes

There is more to running a business than just putting in the money. They are on the board and Murdoch was CEO for part of that time. It is up to them to lead the business strategy and clearly they weren’t succeeding in that.

5 Likes

How were they planning to running down the network by shutting down the three offices/studios in Syd, Melb, Adelaide?

The mind boggles. Yet some people on here want those two fucktards to own ten.

1 Like

Gordon and Murdoch have lost part of their argument?

5 Likes

Update on the case on sky news just then said the case will continue into the night.

Interestingly admistraotrs lawyers said that this case was brought to stall for time to give Murdoch and Gordon to make another bid.

Completely ridiculous

3 Likes

That is stupid, cause they have now seen what CBS is offering and can out bid it. This is just so stupid. Bloody Murdoch not taking no for an answer. They played their cards wrong and so they should walk away.

4 Likes

This takeover will be a pivotal point in Australia’s Media history, CBS theoretically should thrive the network, innovative the media landscape. Murdoch and Bruce, gee whiz… Probably the beginning of the end for viable television in Australia.

14 Likes

They’re planning on closing down three offices. They’re planning on closing down the news rooms in five states. They’re planning on closing down the already anemic sports department. They already closed the sales department.

The enormous job losses would be catastrophic. There’s nothing good about this bid.

19 Likes

Let’s just hope that the judge sees it like that too!! :grimacing::grimacing:

5 Likes

I’m sure the judge has been actively checking this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If Murdoch & Gordon won the bid for Ten, you’d think they’d probably get rid of particular programs and personalities that don’t fit in with their personal agendas?

That would be enough for me to want CBS to take over Network Ten, let alone the “2UE newsroom closure times five” effect that a Murdoch/Gordon takeover would probably have on diversity in Australian news.

3 Likes

there is some minor good things about it. Sports done by Fox Sports. Surely it wouldn’t be all that bad if sports were done by Fox Sports. I make this point. I don’t support the closure of news departments

The problem I see with this is that Ten would get all the second-rate sports on their main channel, as these two would push for people to use Pay TV to get the first-rate sports.

3 Likes

Then ten loses its identity. Ten have a good reputation at producing sport… the AFL, the big bash and way back when they had all the V8 rights. So we don’t need to have everything fox branded thank you very much.

4 Likes

and anything on the antisiphoning list would be ‘on sold’ to Ten with a delay telecast on Fox (delay by 1 minute maybe?)

1 Like

Run it out of Aunty Jack’s House in Wollongong.

3 Likes

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/cbs-bid-for-ten-network-labelled-discriminatory/news-story/3f2239c7a076e90c837fc37e858837dc

Pathetic!

3 Likes