Paramount Australia & New Zealand

I was a superfan of Big Brother, but I’m not convinced it will be the smash hit as it once back in the day. The reality show market is oversaturated with stuff like it.

Was reading 10 Daily on Facebook and it said Catfish Australia is coming so must be that.

I think that is part of Pilot Week?

Correct.

I really appreciate your knowledge on all things Ten, in particular Ten Sport.

H-hey

2 Likes

It’s just a shed essentially and they build under the big roof (in simple terms). They gutted it when 9 picked it up. The videos look horrific but nothing a bulldozer can’t fix .

I don’t see it returning to Dreamworld even if it did come back though. It could be done cheaper elsewhere IMO.

Endemol did do a rebrand of the format identity worldwide recently and interestingly Australia is used in the branding. This could
Mean something?
https://theplant.co.uk/project/big-brother-rebrand-hes-watching-you

As much as I’d love the show to be back and have said before, comprising streaming, social media and multi channels to their full ability it could be a real success. I anticipate they are just talking of The Mole though.

But hey… 10 if you’re doing Big Brother, appoint Amanda Keller as host :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Interesting theory.

Endemic, as in disease? :wink:

3 Likes

Hahaha damn autocorrect

If all is true re the amazing race and the masked singer going at the end of this year I just think it might be a bit too much to end the year. I think they would be better to do the two next year and do a short season of come dine with me

They probably don’t need both at the end of the year but if they do plan to have new content up until Christmas, then at least one of those may premiere then. The other might be kept until after I’m A Celeb and then bump DWTS and BIP to later, so Masterchef starts later too.

2 Likes

Ten said they’d be programming 50 weeks. They started 2 weeks into January so that means they need to program new content up to and including end of December otherwise they’ve just been talking absolute shit. As I suspect they’ll shut up shop from December 20.

Calm down. No need to get hysterical before we’ve even seen what they’re planning or doing.

1 Like

I doubt 10 will program up until the 31st of December. Nor would it be realistic really. I guess at the end of the day 50 weeks a year sounds better than 49 weeks.

There’s a new way to think about TV audiences

Network 10 has released research into The Cord Audiences – A new way of thinking about TV audiences .

The term separates audiences who consume content across different platforms into four segments: Cord Forevers, Cord Shavers, Cord Cutters and Cord Nevers.

(Refer to the table at the bottom for more information on these segments.)

In this context, the cord refers to either a free-to-air TV aerial, or a cable connecting to subscription TV.

Network 10’s chief sales officer Rod Prosser said: “This research tells us that a TV audience is much broader than just the traditional demographics and broader than just linear TV. It helps us understand the audiences consuming and engaging content across TV’s platforms. And this audience is growing.”

Network 10’s chief content officer Beverley McGarvey said: “Broadcasters have been quick to respond to the fragmentation of TV. The new TV is more mass-reaching than ever. It’s about bringing the best content to audiences in the way they want it. It’s about finding new ways to engage on all screens, and beyond the screen. And it’s about having and continuing conversations well beyond the broadcast.

“At 10, TV is our linear broadcast channels, podcasts with 10 Speaks , a daily magazine with 10 Daily , streaming with 10 All Access and watching when you want with 10 Play . With more distribution platforms than ever, we have a fantastic opportunity to be more creative with the content we produce, based on where these audiences choose to consume the content they enjoy.

“For us, the new TV is much more exciting than the old TV.”

The research, which was conducted by Nature and commissioned by Network 10, also found:

• TV is in the top two when it comes to the preferred media entertainment option for all segments. It is #1 with Cord Shavers and Cord Forevers and #2 with Cord Cutters and Cord Nevers behind subscription video on-demand (SVOD)/broadcast video on-demand (BVOD).
  • Among all segments, there is a strong appetite for a new entertainment subscription video on-demand service.
  • Audience engagement beyond broadcast is stronger for big reality TV programs than it is for the biggest international SVOD dramas.
  • TV is the most trusted news source for all segments except the Cord Forevers where it was behind Newspapers.
  • When a big news event happens, Cord Forevers (74%), Cord Shavers (60%), Cord Cutters (58%) and Cord Nevers (44%) would choose to watch updates live on TV over catch-up services and social media/online news sites.

Mr Prosser said: “When it comes to engaging and reaching consumers, broadcasters today are exceptionally well-placed to thrive, in all genres. No matter what platform the content is distributed, TV continues to bring people together like no other medium. There is no better time to be part of the new TV.”

Introducing the Cord Audiences:

About the research:

The research was conducted by Nature in April 2019. It consisted of an online survey completed by a representative sample of 2,500 Australians over the age of 18.

2 Likes
1 Like

As discussed here:

It didn’t help that apart from a few key events, One HD mainly aired obscure sports (Slamball, anyone) of very niche appeal.

Now we’re in the relevant thread, can we agree that Ten should seriously think about launching a second (perhaps even doing all three might be possible, if TVSN & Spree get demoted to a low bitrate MPEG4 SD feed) MPEG4 HD multichannel should be a priority for them sometime in the next 6-12 months?

Mind you, increasing the levels of native HD content on the main channel probably should be done first because for the so-called youth network, it’s absolutely shameful how shows like I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here were still in blurry upconverted SD this year. That’s before we get to their promotional department and the news service which are areas Nine and to some extent even Seven seem to be more technologically advanced in - you wouldn’t think Ten was actually the first network to have full 16.9 widescreen production almost two decades ago with the levels of native HD content they have in 2019! :open_mouth:

The pre-recorded interviews on The Project still look SD.