Paramount Australia & New Zealand

The media widely reported she wanted $2mil to stay with the network last year, the fact she hasn’t left would indicate she wouldn’t have got much less than that, not to mention how much she was originally paid to come to the network 2 1/2 years ago.

1 Like

Just because the media speculated about it, doesn’t mean it’s true. There are a lot furphies out there about her salary. It was rumoured she was lured to 10 with a $1m contract because she was asking that for pay parity with Karl at Nine. At the time she denied that she was on that salary. She said she moved to Ten for the work and not the salary. Now supposedly, she on more than $2m.

Considering Waleed and Carrie get paid around $500,000, I seriously doubt Lisa would be paid four times their salary.

2 Likes

10 Daily closing is a smarter strategy.

There was never synergy between the 10 News brand and the 10 Daily brand

10 has a limited news service and presence on air. It didn’t make sense to have a team of 30 producing content for digital only, under a separate brand. I would never think to go to 10 Daily for news. I would go to 10 News First.

Hopefully moving forward:

10 News becomes a unified department producing content for on air and online

Content is pushed out via 10Play, 10news.com.au and social channels

Social channels are grown and utilized with a better strategy

The Project should start to come Under 10 News umbrella

8 Likes

I thought it already did?

1 Like

Includes an email from Beverly McGarvey to staff yesterday.
1 Like

Really you seemed quite supportive of it back in 2018

1 Like

For the network with the youngest skewing news service, 10 really needs to get it’s digital news strategy sorted

It’s 2020

4 Likes

Personally I really enjoyed 10 Daily.

1 Like

People are allowed to change their opinions over the course of 2 years…
Especially after the see how the platform performs and evolves over it’s lifetime.

I personally never saw how 10 Daily fit into it’s branding platform, but thought it had potential in the beginning - some of the staff have written clever articles and participated in viral social campaigns, but it just never seemed to work for them.

6 Likes

I can’t change my mind?

1 Like
4 Likes

I change my mind alot on many issues. Welcome to the club :smiley: You are definetly allowed to change your mind mate. :slight_smile: Don’t think he saying you weren’t.

1 Like

Both Maria Michael and Paul Leadon are big loss to 10, especially Michael who was one of the longest serving employees of the network, having witnessed the highs and lows over the past three decades.

1 Like

Why

Money.

If anyone is interested, here is 10’s ‘Up Close at Home’ presentation to advertisers last week.

Also, a strip banner from the Network 10 website with their combined brands.

13 Likes

I really like the use of the Core 10/ViacomCBS colours

5 Likes

Looks good and interesting times ahead.

1 Like

A taste of things to come?

4th channel is coming too

1 Like