SEN (Radio)

There is already a petition that I am definitely taking part in!
https://www.change.org/p/pacific-star-networks-change-sen-back-into-classic-rock-radio

2 Likes

Had CRR on in the car earlier today - they played When I Come Around by Green Day. Surprised to hear anything from the 90s on the station, let alone a track like that.

I wonder if they will bump KOOOL off and keep it around as a digital only station? Or otherwise reshuffle the bits and keep all the music formats around.

Shame to see it go from AM for more sports radio at the very least.

2 Likes

They play Green Day and Jet quite often. Nothing much else from the 90ā€™s. Iā€™m hoping they keep CRR around in some form but not holding my breath! Craig is only interested in sport and I do listen to SEN but imo one sports station is enough.

3 Likes

Count me in!

1 Like

Songs CRR have played for their final moments since 11:30pm

Steve Harley- Come up and see me (make me smile)
Bon Jovi- Dead or Alive
Electric Light Orchestra- Livinā€™ Thing
Stars- Mighty Rock
Steely Dan- Rikki Donā€™t Lose That Number
Them- Here Comes The Night
Van Halen- Why Canā€™t This Be Love
Christopher Cross- Ride Like The Wind
Russell Morris- Mr America
Creedance Clearwater Revival- Whoā€™ll Stop The Rain
The Angels- No Secrets

on a lighter note Hutchy really needs to update his profile pic

Odd, the CRR stream is still on past midnight.

CRR has not rebranded yetā€¦ It was gonna happen at 12AM sharp but a CRR ident and a CCR song later and iā€™m still waitingā€¦

Btw the SEN+ stream is exactly the same as CRRā€™s one. So the station will just transition into SEN+ at some ungodly hour.

Ugh the Classic Rock Radio Facebook Page is now officially deleted ): Half an hour ago it was still upā€¦

Anyone game to leave it recording on VLC all night? Cause iā€™m not!

Oh Noes! They cannot even set up a FB page properly

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sen1377/338331116708201?fref=mentions

Itā€™s almost over, theyā€™re playing The End by The Doors @ 5:52. Iā€™m just a bit sad losing my station. :disappointed_relieved: Iā€™ve listened all night! Kept me going and raised my spirits in the past year or so as I got over cancer.

1 Like

SEN+ just a indirect relay of 1116.

1 Like

F***ing Hopeless!!! It sounds like they have their own newsreader though. Need to be reported to ACMA! Surely they canā€™t just relay a station. Why couldnā€™t they have left the music and done sports broadcast when needed! 3MP was stopped from being relayed on 3EE way back when, which led to the start of Magic 693.

2 Likes

Someone needs to remind Hutchy on the history of 3mp/3ee/magic

2 Likes

Ew Iā€™m listening on the old classic rock app and can hear ā€œMeredith from SEN in the newsroomā€

still hasnt been updated

1 Like

I have just done soā€¦ sent an official complaint form to SEN reminding them of the history of relaying stations! If anyone else is interested I suggest they do the same. This is a link to the form.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take the $500,000 thanks Eddie

1 Like

What makes it worse Is that the bus Iā€™m on has it playing loudly