SEN (Radio)

Least he got a line out. Not much a problem for AM audience. More noticeable on digital.

I heard a bit of Whateley’s call at lunchtime. It was crystal clear.

It was fixed within 10 mins of the game starting. Missed out on the national anthem though,

Sunday Herald Sun reports David Schwarz and Mark Allen have sent letters of demand to SEN management, seeking almost $1 million in lost wages and damages. Lawyers for Schwarz and Allen claim station bosses had agreed in writing to a binding new two-year deal with the duo before SEN merged with Crocmedia.

1 Like

Good, I hope they win or shake a good settlement out of Hutch. Lots of ego that needs adjustment.

1 Like

strong textI I hope a middle ground can be settled between Hutchy, OX & Marko . The4 Ox welcomed mt back when i called inti SEN for the first time n 2017. This Is Why I returned to 1116 SEN as a listener on Tuesday January 5th 2018 after 3PM. i am enjpying the 2018 lineup Gerard Whatekey is a great asse to SEN and He did a great Job Commentating The Superbowel for some4one who did his fist Superbowel. NRL on SEN. As Gerard Whatekey said “The Script has been flipped”. SEN is the home of sports Rights AFL, Aleague, Basketballl, The Melbourne Cup Carnival NRL & the Superbowel. Hope SEN Gets part of Cricket Radio Broadcast Rights alongside 3aW replacing TripleM and or the ABC

I dare say if any of that trio lose cricket rights (or just plainly no longer want them) it’ll be Macquarie. Not to mention CA would be mad to take any further rights away from the ABC.

But cricket on SEN? I wouldn’t be surprised.

2 Likes

Cricket on SEN would be perfect. It may actually help programming and ratings outside of the AFL season.

3 Likes

strong text Craig Huchison has tabs on some radio talent unhappy at their current Radio Stations I cannot say who those people are but that list is on his desk he is looking closely ta the list through emails i have sent him via SEN reception

My deepest condolences to the staff at SEN reception.

4 Likes

Haha, I get it but you know, Hutchy’s about to sack them next too :wink:

Cut costs through shared resources. How long will they maintain running 2 offices/studios?

Given Crocmedia’s business also includes television production they do have a small TV studio at Southbank and PSN also has several magazine publications (include Inside Football) that I assume run out of the Richmond office so a larger space may be required if they were to share one location.

Crocmedia only moved to Southbank less than 12 months ago, and I believe they have a TV studio as well as a some radio studios on site, so I would think that they wouldn’t want to go to the effort and expense to move from that location.

I would expect that the Southbank offices have some room for expansion, but I agree that they’re unlikely to have enough space to move all of the PSN operations into the existing space. Maybe they’ll look for opportunties to take over additional space in the Southbank building, or even neighbouring buildings in the same business park

Or Docklands?

Crocmedia are in Coventry St, Southbank

Ah so. Thanks for that. I only did a White Pages search. Seems like they’ve had a few offices in different places lately.

Not too far from Fox Footy’s studios I see.

2 Likes

The Docklands location listed is AFL House, so not sure what they have there - maybe a small office for news gathering and productions such as Trade Radio.

Just around the corner. Also similar distance from the NEP/Global TV studios. A bit futher the other way is SCA. Pretty good location really for what they do.

2 Likes

Crocmedia also have some sort of studio and office in Adelaide which is where Sports Day SA is broadcast from and I assume Kane Cornes is hosting Friday mornings on SEN from there too.

I also recall PSN/SEN might have sales offices in other states too.

An office for a couple of sales staff and a single studio at 204 Grenfell Street. Opened a few months ago.

They advertised for a sales rep based in Sydney a while back - I think it’s just a remote position based from home rather than an office.

1 Like

Link/URL? Or you rang and asked?