openshop

Loop
“Launch 11:30pm AEST tonight”

3 Likes

Silly question I know, but while were on the topic of Seven’s transmission, is the channel name for Racing.com in ALL CAPS in Seven markets?

Currently openshop is H.264 Video (MPEG 4) with MPEG 4 AAC Audio at 1.26 Mbps.

(Compares to 1.27Mbps for RACING and 1.65 for 7food.)

It is in QLD

1 Like

TV.Cynic do you know where they’ve taken bandwidth from for the launch of this channel? Have the bit rates on the main channels dropped? Are they trying to run 7HD on 3 Mb/s yet for even worse quality?!

And in Melbourne, so I’d say so

1 Like

Average over the last few hours:

7 - 2.51
70 - 3.47
72 - 3.25
73 - 4.09
74 - 1.26
75 - 1.27
78 - 2.48
76 - 2.09

74 is a big loser - with black bars on either side of picture; main channel is also quite low

74 (food):

2 Likes

Why is the bitrate of 7mate higher than that of the HD channel? :confused:

4 Likes

Oh dear. Those black bars are there permanently (during commercials etc). Would this really save bandwidth? Or some kind of encoding issue?

Unless the Channel Bombs.

I’d say it is a tactic to save bandwidth. I noted a few weeks ago that 9Go! has these after the introduction of 9Gem HD (at least in Brisbane). So that makes 3 channels that look like this now.

2 Likes

11:30pm is a really strange time to launch a new channel

4 Likes

Presumably that’s 704x576i as opposed to regular 720x576i

1 Like

How are you able to see the bandwidth of each channel?

Openshop now has a live stream on 7Plus, Go nuts.

Since this channel is having a “world wide launch” has anyone heard anything about this coming to Foxtel? Not that I really want that to happen…

I just assumed that “world wide launch” was a reference to Open Shop accepting customers from around the world. Not sure whether TVSN does that.

Somehow I doubt Open Shop will make it onto Foxtel, although I suppose anything is possible (IIRC, YesShop from NZ was briefly on Foxtel).

The website has what is being flogged every hour, and has the full program guide for the next week. No surprise that a frypan set gets an hour program!

I just saw the launch loop. Dear god, what the hell were they smoking on that train?

3 Likes

Past 11:30 and still the promo loop.