Olympics Coverage - History

You pretty much answered everyones question with that. $$$ they probably didn’t want to spend money since they secured the rights to pretty much most/ all the upcoming olympics.

There are some 5 posts above yours. Also here http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/02/15/nbcs-olympic-studios-capture-winter-providing-modern-venue-tv/

I’m guessing its only me then that doesn’t care what 7’s set looks like?
Just so long as it is comfortable for the hosts and crew, and it looks OK on TV (really should only be used by the host to throw from event to event) what does it matter?

5 Likes

Yep, only you. This is mediaspy, the dream factory.

2 Likes

Would the commentators for the figure skating be live in Korea?Belinda Noonan has commentated on the figure skating at every Winter Olympics for as long as I can remember.She’s an Australian ex figure skater so she obviously knows what she’s talking about, I enjoy her commentary.Not sure whom the guy commentating with her is ,some American dude

1 Like

It’s the World Feed. As you say, she’s been around forever, so should be doing that.

2 Likes

When you put it like that, I have to admit that Seven’s set is extremely tacky compared to other networks around the world.

3 Likes

Would love a behind the scenes video of the IBC if anyone is reading MediaSpy.

Going to play devil’s advocate here, but given the money troubles affecting both Nine and Seven, is it any wonder Seven aren’t willing to pay too much for a good set and good space at the Winter Olympics?

They’ve got a lock on the next few. The Winter Olympics aren’t the juggernaught here that they are in other countries with, you know, colder climates.

How many more viewers would Seven get if they had a good set?

7 Likes

Really!!! 99% don’t even care what the bloody set looks like

5 Likes

Exactly, seeing as Seven West have suspended their dividend, if I were a shareholder I’d be rather keen to see some decent fiscal management, if that means not pissing money over a set for a fortnight and basing half the crew in Melbourne, sobeit.

4 Likes

Revised program for Wednesday 21 February.

• Aussie Greta Small takes on American superstar Lindsey Vonn in the Downhill Alpine Skiing
  • Mt Buller’s bearded giant Anton Grimus stands tall in the fast and dangerous Ski Cross
  • Men’s Snowboard Big Air makes Olympic debut

1 Like

Will it be hosted from Sydney or Melbourne? :smiley:

2 Likes

South Korea…

8 Likes

Emma Dallimore, Seven’s former US correspondent, is also reporting at the Olympic games.

Revised program for Thursday 22 February.

• A gold rush hits PyeongChang with a record 10 gold medals up for grabs
  • Canada and USA battle it out for gold in the Women’s Ice Hockey epic finale
  • Aussie Alpine Skiers Dominic Demschar and Greta Small hit the slopes

1 Like

Closer of The event

Replay of the alpine skiing.

2 Likes

Revised program for Friday 23 February.

• Australian Instagram Sensation Kailani Craine dances for gold in the Ladies Figure Skating
  • Aussie speed skater Daniel Greig skates for gold in the Men’s 1000m
  • Semi-Final fever hits the Men’s Ice Hockey

3 Likes

Emma Dallimore presenting an Olympic News update:

Medal Tally graphics:

3 Likes