Olympics Coverage - History

Revised program for Monday 19 February.

1 Like

I just noticed this little quirk:

For an hour every night, SCTV Central South and 7mate Central simulcast the same PyeongChang coverage between 8.30pm and 9.30pm (ish) so SCTV Central North can finish its prime time programming due to the daylight savings time difference.

5 Likes

So they are in Melbourne dressed like this I don’t think so

3 Likes

The version on Jacqui Cooper’s Instagram tagged them at Docklands, Victoria in that image.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfVaMJHFkBP/

11 Likes

Seven claimed in its promo that the Australian team for this year’s Winter Olympics was the best ever, but it had a disappointing performance with only two silver and one bronze. With no realistic medal hopes left, local viewer interest in the Games could drop this week.

1 Like

Must have been really cold in the studio that day. Air conditioning cranked to 11, I suppose.

6 Likes

Should’ve hosted it from the cool room at the local bottle-o for a more authentic experience.

4 Likes

We see more of the set on Instagram than we do on television. These from Edwina’s.

6 Likes

Disappointing that they actually put in effort to construct a set and that is the result.
Would have been better off not doing one at all. Disgusting.

2 Likes

Revised program for Tuesday 20 February.

• Aussies Deanna Lockett and Andy Jung headline the speed skating action tonight
  • The enchanting and rhythmic Ice Dancing final brings all the thrills and twirls
  • USA in knockout Ice Hockey match v Slovakia

1 Like

To be truthful to get any medal in a winter olympics is a pass mark for me, it just seems as though the team was focused more on quality than quantity given we didn’t appear to have a representative in the traditional skiing events (i.e. the ones that don’t involve jumping or skate park obstacles) for example.

3 Likes

Haha whoops!

And i thought it was a real window. Geez the magic of tv :joy:

1 Like

Haven’t seen 2 countries winning gold medals in one event during the 2018 Olympics

4 Likes

Here’s a look at the sets of some other broadcasters.

NBC

Today Show

NBC Sports Network

Austria

Finland

Netherlands

Even local US station WRAL made themselves a virtual set.

And let’s just see Seven’s one more time.

To be fair, not all these above are in Pyeongchang.

Pictures from articles at NewsCastStudio.

10 Likes

Disappointing Seven. Even if they built a Rio set in Pyeongchang that would’ve been fine, but alas they went el cheapo.

3 Likes

It took a lot of effort for someone to paint a wall orange, stick a decal on it and go down to Kmart to buy those stools. I can’t wait to see how much effort they put into the Commonwealth Games set. I’m expecting a plastic palm tree with a couple of stools picked up off the nature strip during council hard waste collection.

9 Likes

I think they have decided not to show it on air for those reasons. Very cheap and nasty.

They may as well broadcast from the Talking Footy set in Melbourne.

1 Like

Yeah, it is very cheap and ugly. However, maybe they weren’t given a large enough studio space at the Media Centre to construct a set that was decent.

2 Likes

They could have paid for more space. If you look at Canada’s broadcast, their space wouldn’t be too much better than 7’s, yet they’ve made it work with a very nice set. Has anyone got pics of NBC’s set? I’ve tried to find some but can only find plans for their sets. They have 13 sets in Pyeongchang.