NRL on Nine

Blocky SD on 9Gem here in Melbourne. 9HD showing Inside Story.

Is it just me but the scorebox is missing the tackle count?

Well freddy cam can fuck right off. Very annoying.

2 Likes

Yep. Voss has just mentioned and apologised on Fox

1 Like

Gus just apologised on Nine now. 'Technical Difficulties"

someone forgot to re-install tacklecount.exe on the Nine computer.

5 Likes

Are the interchanges coming up??

Outside Broadcast company NEP provide OB facilities for both Fox Sports and Channel 9 for NRL. http://www.nepinc.com/welcome/nep_australia

Who is hosting now that Cameron Williams is no longer in the picture?

Peter Sterling has become the main host again like he was before Cameron got the gig

I find Peter Sterling’s shiny bald head a bit distracting with all those camera lights around.

I’d rather they have someone else as the main host.

There was a blank black screen shown on 9Now for the duration of the game. Perhaps a message saying why the NRL wasn’t being streamed should have appeared as many on social media thought they were having technical difficulties on their devices.

My god there are some nutbags on the internet - this on NBN’s Facebook page:

Joel Leicht‎ to NBN Television
20 hrs ¡
Why isn’t the NRL game live on any channels in Melbourne? This is just a joke for the footy show now the games!!!

According to the latest Nine schedule just posted, the NRL Footy Show has been moved to Wednesday night in AFL states for this week and that continues next week as well.

1 Like

The picture quality on 9Gem in Melbourne tonight is so bad it’s basically unwatchable. It’s like watching an 16-bit video game from 1991.

Paul ‘Fatty’ Vautin is on Nine’s commentary team tonight.

I always thought he was pretty much restricted to The Footy Show and State Of Origin games?

I thought that Paul “Fatty” Vautin used to do commentary of regular season matches for Nine all the time, but has mainly stuck to The Footy Show and commentary of the more major games over the last decade or so.

When he got into an accident filming for The Footy Show he cut right back on commentary but IIRC has done the odd game in recent seasons outside SOO

1 Like

Nine’s Queensland ratings have been soft for the NRL and Footy Show so far. Perhaps they are trying to address the perception that the commentary team is too Sydney-centric. I don’t think adding another commentator is going to do that however.

1 Like

Paul Vaultin was announced a few weeks ago as being one of the new co-commentators for Friday Night Football.

1 Like