NRL on Nine

Damn that’s close!

I think it takes some inspiration from the new CBS Sports NFL graphics. I like it so far.

1 Like

I like 9’s scoreboard. Very similar to last year.
Why doesn’t Ch Seven do fancy scoreboard graphics with team colours and logos for AFL. Would be good to see.

2 Likes

Yes it’s too close to the bottom of the screen.

TVs with a bigger overscan would probably crop off part of that scoreboard.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

Bunker (also seen on Fox)

1 Like

It’s interesting I have a recording from 9 last year and the gap at the bottom of the screen is exactly the same which surprised me because I thought it was lower as well. Compared 2016 Grand Final v tonight’s game.

1 Like

Graphics are an upgrade looks smoother I think, Fox far superior though. Warren Smith has to be at battle with Vossy as best caller in the game

I thought it would be better if FOX got a clean feed of the game and let them put their own graphics on. I never been a fan of a pay TV channel showing FTA channel graphics. I know in US that each network uses their own graphics even if 2 networks are covering it.

1 Like

Cold cut off to the live match on 9Gem in Melbourne. After Ray Warren said the final score, it went to an ad break, then the next program (Embarrassing Bodies) started. Not even a sign off with the WWOS logo and the voiceover of the retired Ken Sutcliffe (“this has been another presentation from Nine’s Wide World of Sports”).

1 Like

Probably because in Sydney, it was a straight cut over from the game direct to The Footy Show ie. no sign off or logo either.

Pretty sure Fox will be able to do that from next season when the new rights agreement begins

1 Like

Media are already in a frenzy about Ch 9’s NRL audience decline…
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/channel-9s-nrl-ratings-plummet-as-fox-sports-goes-on-the-rise/news-story/1fee1fdbe4584f35195e91e567987e87

Of course The Daily Telegraph would talk up Fox League’s ratings because Foxtel is half owned by News Corp, the same company that owns the paper!

5 Likes

Nine hitting back to Foxtel? :wink:

2 Likes

Clean feed (incl some field graphics)

Intertrust Cup

I don’t like the three letter abbreviations of the team names on Fox, much prefer the full words on Nine.

2 Likes

even tho its QLD Cup, I wish ch9 would show it here in NSW.

3 Likes