NRL on Nine

He’s still pretty good does the PNG Hinters games in Australia and fills in on Nine sometimes for Q Cup.

1 Like

I’m surprised Nine doesn’t use Mike Rabbitt as their no. 3 caller- since Hadley has said he doesn’t want to replace Rabs. In fact, FOX could shore up their calling team too

1 Like

Harvey Norman All Stars will be coming love on 9/9Gem on 10/2/2017. World All Stars will play against Indigenous All Stars in Newcastle.
But unfortunately, people can’t stream that match on the 9Now. That requires a Live Pass.

1 Like

give him lunch and a bottle of red before it and he goes even better.

I think it’s because he’s retired now but still goes to Queensland every second weekend so I can’t see why he can’t call a game here and there if he wants to.

Nine needs Fresh Blood in their Commentary Lineup.

5 Likes

Rugby League actually needs a completely new free to air network after 25 years+ with Nine, but I take your point.

2 Likes

Kick off 8pm AEDT. Broadcast times:
Sydney 7.30pm on Nine
Brisbane 7pm on Nine
Melbourne 7.30pm on 9Gem
Adelaide 7pm on 9Gem
Perth 4.30pm on 9Gem

According to the MSN Weather, the temperature for kickoff will be 29C. It would be too hot to play in these type of heatwave conditions.

I’ll be surpised if gets down to 29 by then (2 hours away).
It’s still 38 degrees now.

The game will be played in quarters.

Cant believe why Rabs is doing narration even though he’s retired at the end of 2016!

He hasn’t retired…

He will still be calling games this year, but only Sydney games apparently.
It is anticipated he will retire at the end of this year.

5 Likes

I thought Nine sold the Saturday night game to Fox Sports? In Nine’s NRL promo during the All Stars telecast, he was claiming that they have four games every week on the way to the playoffs - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Nine’s coverage looks to be much improved in 2017. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to handle a year of James Bracey. #JacketGate 2.0 with Joey, James and Sterlo tonight.

1 Like

Lol!

Jacketless gate

5 Likes

James Bracey very good.

2 Likes

3 Likes

It is still correct. Nine will simulcast Fox Sports’ live game on Saturday nights in the last five rounds of the home and away season.

3 Likes

Graphics look the same or very similar to previous years.

3 Likes

From memory of previous years, I seem to remember that the current graphics were implemented for Round 1 of the NRL season, but was the same as the previous years on the All Stars match. It’s been a few years on the current graphics and I think it’s about time for a graphics refresh. Maybe they can better reflect their current on-screen presentation if they do refresh it this year.

1 Like

I expect new graphics for rd 1.

1 Like