NRL on Nine

I haven’t watched this doco but i am wondering whether this is available on 9Now for catch-up?

2 Likes

I would think so. Maybe in a day or so if not already.

1 Like

great docco recorded it myself of 9 Sydney

1 Like

It is available on 9Now as of this morning.

4 Likes

He seemed to be Ten’s most high profile sports presenter in the 1980s. Ray, David Fordham (Ben’s uncle) and Graham McNeice were used a lot before Ten poached Rex Mossop and Ian Maurice. Did they show much video of his Ten days?

3 Likes

It was there last night.

Yes, they did show a brief footage from Ten. Ray Warren was a popular sports presenter indeed on Ten, and when he switched over to Nine for Rugby League Coverage, was just as popular as ever. A big career he has had.

1 Like

Is this also available on Stan?

1 Like

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, Ray Hadley was livid that he was snubbed for the Ray Warren documentary that aired last night. Hadley and Rabs have worked alongside each other at NRL grand finals, State of Origins and overseas at Olympic Games for more than 30 years, and Hadley also ran the campaign to get Rabs a statue in his hometown of Junee.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/saint-sinner-shoosh-ray-hadleys-anger-over-ray-warren-tv-snub/news-story/b598ad7660bb78e0cbcf87890c694056

4 Likes

Very elaborate psychedelic opener - should have come with a flashing lights warning :wink:

6 Likes

Over in NZ this weekend and Sky Sports televising the Gf. The coverage of the NRLW is from fox. It will probably shift to Nine for the main game.

Lots of casual NRL fans out at the pubs watching in downtown Auckland tonight.

3 Likes

Channel 9 Melbourne has backflipped on its decision to show Postcards at 5.35pm and shaft the NRLW Grand Final Presentation to 9Gem.
NRLW is still on the main channel. It will be interesting to see if this hurts the 6pm News ratings.

2 Likes

Seriously who the hell is running GTV programming at the moment?

TCN?

Nine execute this much better vs Seven and the AFL Final. So much cleaner, professional and the camera work is very clean.

5 Likes

NRLW lead up and grand final…

2 Likes

Before the commercial break, they had a tribute to the deceased players being narrated by Johnathan Thurston. Johnathon Thurston reflected on the loss of his mate, Paul Green. they had a tribute song, Simply the Best by Guy Sebastian.

5 Likes

Jimmy Barnes is no Robbie Williams, just saying.
I love Jimmy’s music but he just has one monotonous screaming tone tonight.

2 Likes

He looks like he’s about to have a heart attack. His face couldn’t get any more red.

7 Likes

No Telstra watermark on the pre-game entertainment.

4 Likes