NRL on Nine

Maybe the Delorean with the flux capacitor so he gets there instantly?

2 Likes

James Bracey, Jonathan Thurston and Allana Ferguson are presenting from the ground tonight, with Brad Fittler there as a “sideline commentator”. Ray Warren is commentating but no mention from where

4 Likes

He made a few references to “down there” in Melbourne, so I gather he’s in Sydney?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/NRLonNine/status/1370087560991674373

4 Likes

I hope this isn’t a sign of the future, Nine calling games from a studio, Ray obviously has work to do in how to call a game off a monitor ie don’t make it so obvious that you’re not there!

1 Like

They’ve been doing it pre-COVID, not just Nine. It’s cheaper to call games off a monitor, no travel expenses, no accommodation fees etc. COVID will give them an excuse to keep doing it.

5 Likes

But most of Nine’s team will still have to travel to venues in Brisbane, Townsville and Melbourne, so there will still be accommodation fees.

5 Likes

So Erin Molan is no longer hosting? Too busy with her radio show now?

1 Like

I think Erin will still host NRL coverage from time to time.

2 Likes

From memory, she hosted Friday nights for the last year (or two?) - and also The Sunday Footy Show. Will see if she pops up tonight.

1 Like

The press release TV Cynic posted yesterday states that Molan will be hosting the coverage tonight

2 Likes

She is indeed hosting

2 Likes

Nine has confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that Ray Hadley will not required to call rugby league games on TV this year. His contract on NRL commentary expired last September and had not been renewed.

5 Likes

Probably let it expire, he’s on the downward spiral of his career towards retirement.

5 Likes

They had a best moments of the NRL footy show program on late last night. Surprising to see what they got away with that they couldn’t now.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t have lasted long.

2 Likes

Last Night:

3 Likes

Bring it back

1 Like

“Australia’s Top 10 of Everything” - i didnt even know this was still around. A filler program that usually aired on one of the multi-channels over the years, and the odd occasion on the main channel. The Footy Show Top 10 has been over done over the years.

As for The Sunday Footy Show, it returned to our screens 15 minutes ago. Erin Molan has returned as host, with Peter Sterling, Brad Fittler and Paul Gallen returning as panellists.

3 Likes

Which I assume didn’t air last night. I didn’t see the famous chili eating one in those caps.

Not sure why they would air that unless they want to see if there’s enough interest to bring the show back

1 Like