NRL on Nine

For Nine, yes it would be.

1 Like

are Peter Sterling and James Bracey coming from the new North Sydney Studio?

2 Likes

I was also wondering. The set looks different and new.

Paul Fatty Vautin is hosting inside the stadium at Suncorp, Queensland, while James Bracey is hosting in Sydney.

1 Like

As a NSW person, I’m actually enjoying having Vautin, Thurston and Smith hosting from the ground, and seeing less of Bracey and the usual NSW hosts. Makes a nice change. I think the Brisbane games deserve to have a stronger QLD flavour in the hosting roles and should do more of this in future.

Hard to tell whether the NSW hosting is coming out of Willoughby or North Sydney - could be the latter given they are using the large video wall that was being used for news before the relocation started.

5 Likes

First, I watched the State of Origin on 9GEM at 4PM Perth Time and noticed that there was an introductory montage from Billy Slater. After 30 minutes, I switched to Channel Nine and during the beginning of NIne telecast, they showed another introductory montage from Billy Slater.
I heard from James Bracey saying “Great to have SA and WA viewers joining with us” during the continuing coverage of the Pre-match state of Origin. Western AUstralia had the first 30 minutes of the coverage on GEM before switching to Channel Nine.

1 Like

I’m enjoying watching Fatty host more (reminiscing about the glory days of the Footy Show), but I do wonder why Nine is so scared to show the normal studio set up. Yes its great to be at the ground but I think viewers are used to them hosting from the studio - would’ve preferred them to switch between Brace at the desk in studio and Fatty at the ground

2 Likes

I think it’s the atmosphere adjustment. It feels flat when they cut to them visually in the studio rather than having some stadium ambience when they are overlaying them talking.

2 Likes

Rabs, Gus and Fatty calling with Joey sideline.

1 Like

There were a few technical issues. While Darren Lockyer was speaking his mic cut out several times, making it quiet awkward.

2 Likes

Yeah they should almost keep the background crowd noises when they cut to the studio to keep the atmosphere

1 Like

Channel 9 Perth cut off telecast of the Origin the 7:30pm to head off to Nine News (with Michael Thomson). Unfortunately, GEM Perth didn’t show the post match instead it showed repeat of Antiques Roadshow.

4 Likes

James Bracey said tonight’s Origin telecast was the last sports show to be produced at Willoughby studios.
The telecast finished at 11.16pm AEDT.

4 Likes

7 did it for most of the AFL season.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Billboards

2 Likes

i wish they’d get rid of Gus and Have Fatty replace him. I’ve never anyone break down the game in a way that Vautin does.

3 Likes

News Corp has revealed that the 2021 NRL season will kick off on Thursday night, March 11, when reigning premiers Melbourne host South Sydney at AAMI Park. Nine will air Storm v Rabbitohs, Broncos v Eels (Friday) and Raiders v Tigers (Sunday 4pm) in the round.
The league is hoping to reveal the full fixture tomorrow (November 26), subject to venue availability and the formation of a travel bubble between Australia and NZ.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2021-round-1-draw-revealed-blockbuster-derby-to-launch-season/news-story/00bbd2cfb07abf63ee653a9493975d61

3 Likes

Brisbane Broncos, wooden spooners of 2020, have the traditional Friday niggt (channel.9) schedule. Nothing has changed

4 Likes

Sadly, it rates in Queensland. That’s why the Broncos get a lot of Friday night games.

1 Like