NRL on Nine

And use the Chinese lockdown method and weld the door shut

2 Likes

If you’re going to do that, ensure there are cameras everywhere, and live carnivorous animals to add just that little bit of spice. :wink:

2 Likes

Do you speak from experience? :grin:

I guess if you are going to listen to shit, you may as well breathe it too.

1 Like

No…of all the crap I’ve been forced to deal with, that ranks up there. Gus is a cranky old man, and Karl is so far up himself he’d have to look through his nostrils to see where he’s going.

5 Likes

I am quite happy for Karl to host along side Bracey. I think we might see some interesting things… hopefully Gus won’t be there.

2 Likes

Would you like a serve of lions, tigers, boas and crocs with that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why not? :smiley:

1 Like

Well at least we will finally get a good host

1 Like

I don’t mind James Bracey as host… He’s one of the least offensive parts of Nine’s commentary team.

8 Likes

The Queensland Government’s annoucement this morning that the state will remain closed to Greater Sydney residents will surely have an impact on Nine’s coverage of the State of Origin game three in Brisbane on November 21. Will it have Ray Warren commentating from Sydney, or ask Peter Psaltis to call the action at the venue?
Nine is lucky it has Johnathan Thurston and Darren Lockyer who are based in Queensland, but others like James Bracey, Karl Stefanovic, Peter Sterling etc. won’t be able to fly up to Brisbane to host the telecast.

4 Likes

How do you know it will be the decider?

2 Likes

My guess is that Peter Psaltis will call the action at the venue.

2 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph, Nine will not be able to send Paul Vautin, Wally Lewis, Darren Lockyer or Johnathan Thurston into Adelaide for coverage of State of Origin opener on Wednesday, because of the Queensland border closure.

1 Like

I read that - it was in Buzz’s column, equating it as the same as Gus Gould’s commentary of the Grand Final. You’d think they could have them call it from Brisbane and patch them in.

I wonder who will they have in Adelaide calling it? If they have anyone in Adelaide calling it - I can see them calling it from Sydney (and maybe Brisbane if they’re smart enough).

3 Likes

Nine will have a similar issue with the 3rd Origin game on 18 Nov whereby NSW based experts will have to participate from Sydney studios, as @JohnsonTV alluded to earlier.

Hopefully Nine will share the commentating duties around so that Mat Thompson does the 1st game in Adelaide, Ray does the 2nd one in Sydney, and you’d think Psaltis will have to do the 3rd one in Brisbane. It would be a risk having Ray call it from the studios as a one off when they’ve never done it before.

3 Likes

If they are QLD based yes they can go to Adelaide

2 Likes

QLD and SA borders are open. It would be if they wanted them to call game 2 in Sydney that would prevent them from calling game 3 in QLD.

3 Likes

That’s the thing Nine is worried about.

Roy and HG to be on 9’s coverage on Wednesday

1 Like

livebogwithJT

Ummmm…thanks Nine! That’s an image I really wanna see online, JT on the toilet. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes