NRL coverage

SEN 2 going to waste in Melbourne

2 Likes

ABC Radio Australia to broadcast NRL into the Pacific

ABC Radio Australia has signed a three-year deal to broadcast coverage of the National Rugby League men’s and women’s competitions to audiences in PNG, Timor-Leste and across the Pacific.

Starting this week, ABC Radio Australia will broadcast ABC Grandstand’s live coverage of the NRL finals as well as the women’s competition – the NRLW – and the State of Origin series.

Head of International Strategy, David Hua, said the ABC was the only Australian radio broadcaster providing coverage of the NRL to a region that is passionate about the sport.

“NRL is PNG’s most popular sport and one of the leading sports across the Pacific,” he said. “Almost half of the current NRL players have Pacific Island heritage which means there is an incredibly high interest in the competition right across the region.”

The start of the NRL coverage coincides with the launch of a new ABC Radio Australia Pacific sports show Can You Be More Pacific , hosted by Fijian-Australian comedians Joseph ‘Roq’ Rokoqo and Ratu ‘Cav’ Cavuilati. The one-hour show will broadcast on ABC Radio Australia on Thursday evenings at 6.00pm PNG time from 8 October.

1 Like

Ray Hadley is back on 2GB covering tonight’s Rabbitohs vs Eels finals match.

3 Likes

NRL Nation coverage for 2020 finals week 3

For the first time this year, a Storm game will be heard on SEN in Melbourne. SENTrack will take Friday’s preliminary final between the Storm and the Raiders from Brisbane.

ABC Radio Canberra will not broadcast the Panthers-Rabbitohs preliminary final on Saturday, due to its ACT election coverage. I believe that match will be heard on News Radio.

3 Likes

More likely Grandstand, News might simulcast it.

1 Like

Grandstand will broadcast both AFL and NRL finals on Saturday in Canberra.

Triple M coverage for 2020 finals week 3

Panthers v Souths won’t be broadcast in Queensland (I assume the regional stations are following Triple M Brisbane in taking the AFL preliminary final between Brisbane Lions and Geelong).
3 Likes

How can ABC Grandstand both afl/nrl ifnals same time?

Raiders were always going to get Friday night due to ACT election coverage.

Digital radio makes it possible. The AFL Extra station will be utilised for live coverage with the NRL to be on the main Grandstand station.

1 Like

AFL airs on Grandstand Digital (and Local Radio) in AFL states, and NRL in NRL states. Grandstand’s NRL coverage is also streamed online and through the ABC Listen app, but the AFL call can only be heard via the AFL website due to the archaic and inept broadcast agreement.

1 Like

Triple M coverage for NRL Grand Final

The match will be broadcast on analogue FM in Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart and selected Triple M stations in regional VIC and SA from 6pm AEDT.

It appears that 2GB is planning on calling all three State of Origin matches from the grounds, as Mark Riddell is listed as being on the sideline.

3 Likes

I wonder if they’ll broadcast into Melbourne?

2 Likes

I’d say that Mark Riddell is at the ground and the others are in the studio. In Sydney, they probably will be at the ground.

If not on 3AW they might as well do something with NTS.

2 Likes

Two Sports Entertainment Network calls for the NRL Grand Final tomorrow.

1170 SEN Sydney is also broadcasting the NRLW Grand Final between the Broncos and the Roosters from 4pm.

4 Likes

Like for the AFL, there is a separate call for SEN and SEN track

I assume 2SM will also take the Grand final.

1 Like

They are

3AW will take 2GB’s call of the Grand Final.

4 Likes