Nova Network

they have flogged this song to death, it’s likely no longer enjoyed by its audience.

Apparently, the only time to play Australian music is between 10pm and midnight these days. Such a disgrace.

Thursday
|23:58|5 Seconds Of Summer - Want You Back|
|23:54|Flume - Never Be Like You|
|23:50|The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition|
|23:47|Mashd N Kutcher - Need Me|
|23:44|Jessica Mauboy - #We Got Love|
|23:37|Amy Shark - I Said Hi|
|23:33|Illy - Papercuts|
|23:29|Kita Alexander - Hotel|
|23:26|Stafford Brothers - Hello|
|23:23|Sheppard - Coming Home|
|23:15|Marcus Marr - The Trouble With Us|
|23:12|Iggy Azalea - Fancy|
|23:09|Starley - Call On Me (Remix)|
|23:06|Vance Joy - We’re Going Home|
|23:02|Bliss N Eso - Moments|
|22:55|Peking Duk - Stranger|
|22:52|Vera Blue - Lady Powers|
|22:49|Kygo - Firestone|
|22:45|Sia - Cheap Thrills|
|22:39|Angus & Julia Stone - Chateau|
|22:36|Dylan Joel - Run To The River|
|22:33|Pnau - Go Bang|
|22:30|Jonas Blue - Mama|
|22:26|Troye Sivan - Wild|
|22:18|Matt Corby - Brother|
|22:15|Jordie Ireland - Take Cover|
|22:11|Gang Of Youths - Let Me Down Easy|
|22:08|The Veronicas - In My Blood|
|22:05|Galantis - Tell Me You Love Me|
|22:02|Dean Lewis - Waves|

If they want to have a wider playlist play some new shit and stuff the others aren’t playing. Just copying their playlists isn’t going to help.

When I’m driving late Nova has the best playlist. Stuff I haven’t heard before, it’s a shame.

There’s a good mix of latest Australian releases and recent or past hits. The problem is, I rarely ever listen to the radio at that time and that is probably true for the majority of the population.

It’s just so disappointing for the local music industry because Aussie music just doesn’t get played throughout the day and they’re only playing it at this time because to meet local content quotas.

2 Likes

A lot more variety today on Nova 96.9 with Friday Feels Throwback. Because it is Nova 96.9 and not Nova 106.9 all very safe songs. But better then hearing the same current hits on repeat ever 2.5-3 hours.

I have notice Nova 106.9 is becoming more like Nova 96.9 with their playlist having the same logs other then throwbacks, Throwback Thursday, and the odd song that is only played on Nova 106.9. This seems to have happened since Greg Burns took over.

1 Like

So much of Australian music selected for CHR formats is poor. Rubbish off the internet like Troye Silvan or washed up reality show contestants.

There’s not the number or depth of live musicians both soloists and bands touring live music venues where much of our 70’s 80’s music success came from, the ones with true staying power.

1 Like

Not sure about the rest of the Nova Network but Kate, Tim and Marty are taking next week off. They’ll be back the following week (Monday, 23rd April).

I’d suggest most radio shows would be because this the last survey break until the start of July, so Yeah I’d think most radio shows would take the week off, I found Nova96.9’s playlist very interesting today by the way, could some one tell me was that the same in Melbourne?? Is this just a Friday thing for Nova??, I mean since all the Hit stations are playing RnB and Old School all day including in drive. Because I mean the playlist did seem like a Hit107 Adelaide playlist especially in Breakfast with One Fresh Hit then One Old School Hit but the Nova playlist did smooth out as the day went on with more Fresh Hits but in Drive I found KTM’s playlist was almost identical to Hit’s Drive and the playlist Monday-Thursday with One New Hit followed by One Old School Hit. Questionable??

Looking at the playlist Friday Feels looks like Nova’s take on RnB Fridays. Mostly urban old school. Very disappointing how much Nova has become a copy cat station.

Fitzy & Wippa are off next week too.

Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney playlists for Nova are the same, only Brisbane and Perth have different playlists.

Brisbane’s has become similar to Sydney except on Throwback Thursday, and their more alternative new hits / throwbacks.

Perth’s playlist has lots of throws backs compared to the other stations.

Today the Nova Network is going hard with Friday feels tracks however, if they go off current form they will drop this completely within the next few months except for Brisbane and maybe Perth. They did this when they rolled out Throwback Thursday network wide, and now it is only on in Brisbane and Perth.

What? Sydney has Throwback Thursdays.

1 Like

Is it called Friday Feels? Wow, talk about underwhelming, this leaves KIIS as the only CHR station without a Friday Theme… Interesting @Ant5476 lets see if they so drop this, but yes as @JBar said they are the #1 Copy Cat Station in Australia, something Paul Jackson should be proud of.

3 Likes

Troye Sivan has often had singles and albums in the Top 40, not to mention iTunes charts.

Not liking something doesn’t make it rubbish :woman_shrugging:t2: The fact that it charts means there’s a whole bunch of people who do like it and don’t think it’s rubbish…

To be fair though, the entire music industry has changed - and has had to change - since the 70s and 80s.

Listened to the ‘Friday feels’ thing today. Sounds pretty out of place if you ask me

2 Likes

Yes I also noticed on Thursday a lot more throwbacks in their playlist compared to earlier in the week.

Is Paul Jackson seeing 2Day Fm as a threat this year and expanding the playlist to counter?

No they don’t, they just started expanding their playlist yesterday.

I listen to Fitzy & Wippa and on Thursday mornings they play more throwbacks and promote the fact that they have Throwback Thursday after 9am and all day. Are you saying they haven’t been using the branding after 9am?

I’d put money on it

What happened to Fresh Friday??

Throwback Thursday on Nova 96.9 is a feature of the six o clock club on Thursday mornings. After 7am it is normal playlist for the rest of the day.

They must be using the “Throwback” branding every day then after 9am.

This is how it’s described on their Nova 96.9 playlist. Individual sings are not listed

Thu 12.04
|09:24|Rudimental - These Days|
|09:01|Various Artists - Throwback On Nova|
|08:55|Khalid - Love Lies|

Wed 11.04
|09:26|Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same|
|09:02|Various Artists - Throwback On Nova|
|08:52|Bebe Rexha - Meant To Be|

Tue 10.04
|09:28|The Weeknd - Pray For Me|
|09:10|Various Artists - Throwback On Nova|
|08:52|Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same|

Mon 09.04
|09:28|Rudimental - These Days|
|09:04|Various Artists - Throwback On Nova|
|08:54|Zedd - The Middle|

Yikes! And again look at how repetitive it is.
The same songs appear on either side of the Throwbacks on these four days this week. WTF?
I knew it was bad but when you see it like that, it is shockingly bad.