Nova Network

Thanks for uploading this! I was so disappointed to hear they’d updated the News and Traffic imaging. Much preferred the previous entire package made by Pure Jingles.

1 Like

According to the Nova 1069 Schedule, they’re taking Kate, Tim and Joel & Fitzy and Wippa live with music from 6-7pm to bridge the gap to Smallzy’s Surgery (why not take that live?)

3 Likes

Can confirm this schedule is correct.

Buzz literally doing one hour. What a mess!

1 Like

So you think they should go back to playing KT&J in delay in Brisbane?

1 Like

Did I say that?

1 Like

You said:

He’s literally not doing one hour. He is literally doing two hours.

And you said that it was a mess. So what’s the solution?

1 Like

He is doing 1-2pm. That’s an hour.

At the very least get DC to do 9-12 and Buzz 12-2pm. Even that isn’t ideal.

1 Like

OK. That slide you posted above shows Buzz 1-3pm.

I thought they were skipping the KT&J warm-up hour and just doing the main two hours.

It says KTJ from 2-5pm though.

Anyways Buzz confirmed it an hour ago in his sign off saying see you at 1pm tomorrow and then Tim was on air after the 2pm news.

My point is who does a 1 hour shift? Just a little off to me.

2 Likes

Yes, in that case. that is weird.

It’s just as stupid as the Best of Ben & Liam for an hour at midday in Sydney and Nova Jamz at 11am.

I heard a bit of Jamz in the car today. How the hell do they thing Mariah Carey Heartbreaker and Despacito by Justin Bieber fit into “Jamz”. Utter rubbish! So far from hip hop, rap music which would be considered jamz.

Somebody said that 2Day had become the daggy mum station and here is the proof that Nova has too.

4 Likes

I hate Nova Boy Jamz with a passion it is such a rip off of 2day fm’s RnB Friday’s. 2day fm has been doing this now for six or seven years and it has taken Nova this long to rip it off??

Funny these songs by Justin Bieber and Mariah Carey also feature on 2day fm’s RnB Fridays too.

I have noticed a very subtle change to some of the music this week on Nova with a couple new songs added, but not enough difference to get me listening more. Nova Boy Jamz and Ben & Liam is still an instant channel changer for me.

I think they will persist with Nova Boy Jamz and repeats of Ben & Liam for the rest of this year, and then go back to the drawing board for their next attempt to fix workdays for 2022. I cannot see the ratings getting much better for Nova 96.9 while they persists with this lineup.

Also none of the Nova logs are appearing on Lava at present. Is Nova stopping the data to Lava due to the criticism they are receiving over their current playlists?

3 Likes

This is happening on other Nova-owned stations as well, such as Smooth & Star 104.5. They stopped logging last Tuesday (5th October) at around 3:25pm AEDT. This is also happening on Radioapp as well, where Lava sources the logs from.

Weirdly though, the Nova, Smooth & Star 104.5 websites still have their ‘Now Playing/Recently Played’ data up to date.

2 Likes

You can still see them on the raddio.net app.

Jamz today shown below but there are some tracks missing. Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker was on at 11:06.

Jay Sean - Jay Sean-Down
11:48
Black Eyed Peas - Black Eyed Peas-Don’t Lie
11:42
Mark Morrison - Mark Morrison-Return of the Mack
11:39
Will Smith - Will Smith-Gettin’ Jiggy With It
11:18
Gwen Stefani / Eve - Rich Girl
11:12
Drake / Rihanna - What’s My Name
11:09
Luis Fonsi / Daddy Yankee / Justin Bieber - Despacito
11:03

1 Like

Oh god, not that song. Bieber ruined a perfectly good Spanish song and the radio stations had a field day with it when it first released.

Will Smith and Mark Morrison, though. Those are decent enough picks.

2 Likes

All flogged to death.

3 Likes

Kip leaving Nova Brisbane breakfast, doubt they’ll actively search for a replacement since they are still left with Ash, Luttsy & Susie.

2 Likes

Courier Mail reporting today was his last show

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/nova-1069-radio-host-kip-wightman-has-quit-the-toprating-breakfast-show/news-story/e4eab80822dc603f6be02525a0062a0a

2 Likes

Curious quote from the Nova PR release:

Ash, Luttsy and Susie say it would be weird to not have Kip driving the desk after all these years.

“We selfishly thought we would be broadcasting together forever, so breaking up the band was never going to be easy,” the Nova Brisbane Breaky team said.

“We know that all good things must come to an end, but we look forward to calling Kip in the early hours to remind him of what he is missing.”

Nova have organised a quote for them. They didn’t want to personally attribute any quote to themselves. Speaks volumes about the departure of Kip.

4 Likes

Sounds fishy

4 Likes

No acknowledgement of his departure on their social channels - but they also haven’t scrubbed him from them either

2 Likes