Nova Network

?

It’s Joel Corry x MNEK - Head & Heart from July 2020 with the lyrics changed to promote Nova’s “turn up the feel good” positioner. In May 2021. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

As a (crap) jock I don’t mind the integ hook and segue but I would query why you’d also run a sweep between the songs. I’d just run that clean

3 Likes

oh god they’re now using that song for their 10K a day competition, Nova it’s time to STOP

2 Likes

What have I been saying for the past 17 days. :wink:

1 Like

With all this crap on Nova it makes me want to Turn up The KIIS!!

2 Likes

Btw there still has not been a male winner for Nova’s 10K a Day in May.

1 Like

Nova and SAFM playing extended versions of songs for some reason. Sounds a little strange.

3 Likes

Possibly they are trying to win back lost listeners who have switched over to Fresh FM.

2 Likes

That’d purely be a scheduling mistake. Radio stations often have a home-made copy of songs in their playout library with the intro extended/looped to talk over.

3 Likes

Nova does this with most songs now and sometimes the intro seems to go forever while the hosts blab on and on and on.

2 Likes

Loops can be fun but they drive me insane. Too much effort and they’re just a trick to make it a “wall of sound.”

I prefer a nice, tight back announce and hitting the post on the following. You don’t need a “wall of sound” if what you’re saying is good/interesting enough. If it isn’t, then just play a sweep.

3 Likes

Twenty out of twenty winners have been female. Today’s winner revealed two of her workmates had already won the 10K, including her sister. Last chance Monday.

2 Likes

Maybe the final winner will be male!!
T&C’s for Nova’s 10K a day in May should read.
“If you are a male listener you can enter, but your chances of winning are the same as Hell freezing over. Maybe you should give Triple M a try, you will have a better chance of winning one of their competitions”

2 Likes

The odds are against them. :rofl:

2 Likes

I saw this ad to rate nova’s music and I saw what I would say is a modern version of the nova boy.

3 Likes

Yep. Been around since April.

About 90 posts ago…

4 Likes

Found this style guide written by ‘Nova Boy’ for the previous branding and design.

7 Likes

Still not a fan of this iteration. The original is still the best.

5 Likes

While good back in the Early-Mid 2000s, the black/red Nova logo(s) were somewhat dated for the branding standards/expectations of 2011.

A new or at least significantly refreshed visual brand was well overdue by the time 96.9 Sydney had been on-air for a decade.

2 Likes

agreed - the 2002 - 2011 logos just really screamed of the early 2000’s era of branding, while I miss that era dearly, it really wouldn’t have worked in 2011, let alone today.

2 Likes