North Korea-United States relations

2 Likes

Waiting to see him spin this defeat into another win… :sweat_smile:

ABC News report that was live into NSW, ACT, VIC and TAS 7:00pm local news.

1 Like
1 Like

What a waste of time this was. So basically nothing was really achieved haha trump failed to get a deal done.

2 Likes

You really have no idea, do you?
The meeting has allowed them to get to know each other better and will work towards a deal. There could have been a deal made but Trump wasn’t happy with what NK was offering. A deal will be done eventually. Deals aren’t made instantly, they take time and multiple meetings. When Obama and Trump met in Oval Office Obama said Trumps biggest problem will be NK. Well, he seems to be dealing with them A LOT better than previous Presidents!! So pipe down.

4 Likes

No need to be a condecending jerk mate…

No need for your anti Trump smart ass comments mate…

Knock it off, both of you. This thread is for discussion of the coverage.

4 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

He’s an allowed an opinion same as you. Ever heard of freedom of speech?

4 Likes
3 Likes

Trump claiming “if I wasn’t president, you’d absolutely be at war with North Korea” is quite a fluff piece. We wouldn’t be at war, we’d just be staying stuck in the status quo with nothing happening.

I don’t like Trump for many reasons, but I think his childish “my way or the highway” approach with NK might lead to something positive, even if it happens years down the line and with a different president. NK has been running around unhinged since the 1990s, and other presidents have been content to mostly ignore it. But I think having somebody tossing it back at them in an equally non-diplomatic way has given them pause.

4 Likes

It’s a funny juxtaposition considering pre-election there was much posturing at how HRC would take the US to war with Iran, and while I have no doubt that HRC would have it’s funny to see the Trump administration doing exactly the same thing they implied they wouldn’t.

Totally agree, and it’s disappointing to see so many people out there that are so polarised against Trump that they can’t see that this a positive move in the scheme of thinks for NK relations with the rest of the world.

3 Likes

The new White House press secretary apparently received minor injuries in a shoving match with North Korean security while trying to clear a path for American media to get a better view

But I thought the Trump White House was against the US Press?

Regardless, a huge historical moment. The President is making tremendous improvements with North Korea.

1 Like