Nine (WIN)

That would make the new channel SNOT :thinking:

12 Likes

Andrew Gordon is already heavily involved in WIN as executive chairman.

I don’t know how much power and influence he really has although he seems to be a key player already.

2 Likes

i think once bruce goes i think the logo will change and so will the win programing esp what used to be one and 11 . i think it will become more metro 10 and i think the win news will be called 10 local news first

1 Like

I don’t get this whole outrage thing over WIN’s logos.

Sure it’s not the most attractive thing in the world, but who cares? It’s not going to stop me watching a good program. Equally a nice logo isn’t going to encourage me to watch a channel that doesn’t have decent content.

I remember people going feral over the arrival of transparent DOGS 20+ years ago… it was a big load of nothing then and nothing has changed.

If you want to get outraged about something, make it worthwhile.

Just to be clear, I think interesting comments about design and style are worthwhile, but the complaints about WIN are just unrelentingly boring… “mappy, mappy, mappy”

Yes yes I know if I don’t like it, I don’t have to read it… but if you can whinge, so can I :sunglasses:

13 Likes

So… SNOT? Pretty much sums up their night schedule.

5 Likes

Agreed. Yes solid watermarks suck but the non stop circlejerking about them on here you’d think that it’s covering the whole screen.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Network 10 2019

Tuned in this afternoon to see what 10 News First looks like. Noticed that the news looks quite poor quality on WIN HD. Picture quality gets infinitely better as soon as the ad break starts.

SD feed from 10, or WIN purposely showing an upconverted feed?

Despite the relaunch, 10 News First is still an entirely SD production all the way except for Sydney/national bulletins which do have any live studio footage & graphics airing in HD.

As I’m sure lexington will tell you, there will apparently be upgrades to the equipment (with stations like TVQ using ancient cameras, which might explain the average even for SD picture quality up there) coming at some point in the future.

1 Like

In South Australia from 2004-2016 WIN’s second channel was actually WIN TEN with Ten watermarks uncovered, Ten promos, it was a dirty feed of ADS 10 but with local commercials inserted. When WIN sponsors a festival or event in the South East and Riverland they have a (dotty and mappy less) WIN next to the Ten logo in the commercials.

2 Likes

oi oi oi!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

8 Likes

this again?

yes, it’s SD. yes, it’s planned to be upgraded. TVQ’s lenses are relatively new, the camera bodies are a generation older.

6 Likes

A “Home of Motorsport” with the old “WIN in a circle” logo at the bottom right just aired!

1 Like

lol i think they forgot to changed it

I wasn’t complaining (apologies if the post comes across that way), just pointing out what I know of the situation in response to @NQCQTV2’s post! :slight_smile:

1 Like

no win cover up on boss during the Car Racing

I did see a promo for a win program that used the mappy logo the win network on on the endtag of the promo

1 Like

Sorry if I’ve missed it from earlier, but did Network Ten make a bunch of WIN-specific idents, just like Nine used to do, for the rebrand?

Or were they just left on their own?

1 Like

I haven’t seen an actual ident yet, only promos with ident-like enders. I hope they did!

I’m on the Sunshine Coast at the moment (in WIN territory) and can confirm they are airing what looks to be 10 produced idents in the new look with the WIN logo in the same style as the new 10.

They are also still running their own produced idents such as the ‘WIN Home of Motorsports’ one between programming which is presumably in lieu of paid advertising.

1 Like