Nine (WIN)

True, but I guess not so weird if you look at it that all of their HD services are numbered x0:

50 - GEM HD
60 - 7MATE HD
80 - WIN HD

Boring sidenote - only WIN HD now has a HD watermark. GEM never did and 7MATE via WIN hasn’t for months

4 Likes

Yeah it makes sense in their world. But the double digit 66 on the other hand… it’s like they thought all SD multis should be just like GO! on 99. Just odd. At least they fixed that

1 Like

What are the chances of WIN SA getting rid of GEM & 7mate HD & giving South East viewers 7 & 9 HD?. WIN are probably concerned that viewers will watch 7 & 9 HD more than WIN HD. The picture quality of 9 SD is very ordinary & 7 SD isn’t much better.

1 Like

Primary channel: x
HD multichannel: x0
SD multichannel: xx

Just following the convention set by both Nine and Ten. Yes it’s odd comparing the numbers now, but it was still technically logical.

1 Like

Probably very slim to none, for the reason highlighted. WIN likely see their Ten-affiliated service as their “main” channel so would probably do anything to make that look better than the supplementary Seven & Nine services.

Also for as long as Seven & Nine are still providing HD feeds of 7mate & 9Gem, it’s hard to argue that WIN aren’t providing HD services (even if two out of three aren’t the main channel) from all three networks in their solus markets!

1 Like

Maybe when everything goes MPEG4

Zero chance of WIN running an SD and HD version of both Seven and Nine

2 Likes

Well, there’s only one reason they freed up 66. And it’s pretty likely 54 is a placeholder for 9Life. Good to see some movement. I wonder if the same changes can be seen in Griffith?

LCN 54 is now actually broadcasting Sky News on WIN in SA.

For when one copy of the channel is not enough …

6 Likes

:joy:

Surely has to be a temp thing though

3 Likes

Is this “Sky News also on 54” thing also in Griffith?

just got off the phone to win tv . even tho ten is changing there logo win tv is not from what i can gather all that is changing on win is one and eleven from 6.30pm tonight so no new logo from win tv on the main channell still the shit stain we get at present

so good on you win , you will still be loosing veiwers who wil be watching via 10 online, when wil you ever learn !!!

1 Like

Ten makes it very difficult to do that when their three channels are not streamed live 24/7.

1 Like

How does a logo make you so angry?

1 Like

You must be new here :wink:

13 Likes

WIN might have their own logo, but considering here take all their graphics and brand identity from Ten - they will obviously take all that on Tonight.

It would have been cool to see WIN adapt to a WIN in the circle like the new ‘10’ and the news brand become

WIN: Local News First

Win would have to have some modifications like the win logo inside the ten logo instead of ten so instead it will be win inside the new 10 logo but then then end of promos it will be the win wording

still would have been better then the shit stain we got now

i know for a fact that if win changed there shit stain of a water mark on there main channell they would get more viewers

I know for a fact that if they had decent programming on ALL their channels, they would get more viewers.

The shit stain of a watermark is not the main reason people are not watching WIN.

5 Likes