Nine (WIN)

Ch 83 now running a loop. Date sept 2 is now displayed as launch date

Also wonder what happens if/when Ten decides to run breaking morning news as seen with the Thai cave special as well as Studio 10 cyclone coverage in the past (which was broadcast primarily for viewers on WIN). Will Sky/HLN budge?

Premium content? If its premium content why is it delayed by over 48 hours by the time that Ten air Fridays edition of CBS This Morning. This is where Bruce Gordons thinking may be at

Maybe that content will be moved to One or have a message that the normal Sky News programs may be seen on channel 83/53

It’s really not. It’s cheap filler from the lowest rating of the American network morning shows.

1 Like

Here’s the official release chookas

SKY NEWS ON WIN
LAUNCHES SUNDAY 2 SEPTEMBER
LEADING SKY NEWS TEAM COMING TO THE WIN NETWORK
NEW BREAKFAST SHOW FOR REGIONAL AUSTRALIA

Sky News on WIN, a new dedicated 24-hour news channel, will launch on Sunday 2 September at 6:00am
AEST on the WIN Network’s Channel 53 in northern NSW and Channel 83 across all other WIN areas.

For the first time, more Australians can watch award-winning Sky News national affairs programming
featuring the country’s leading commentators and political insiders including Paul Murray, David Speers,
Andrew Bolt, Laura Jayes, Kieran Gilbert, Ashleigh Gillon, Peta Credlin and Alan Jones.

Sky News on WIN will give free-to-air viewers a taste of the premium Sky News offering available on Foxtel,
with programs including Credlin, The Bolt Report, Outsiders, Jones & Co, Richo, Politics HQ, Paul Murray
LIVE and Kenny on Sunday.

The channel line-up will also feature leading political programs SPEERS, SPEERS on Sunday and AM
Agenda, plus LIVE coverage of Question Time during parliamentary sitting weeks.

The expert team of meteorologists and reporters from Sky News Weather will bring the latest regional weather
updates, while the team at FOX SPORTS News will provide unrivalled sports news coverage.

Weekdays from 6:00am-8:30am on Sky News on WIN, Sky News anchor Jaynie Seal hosts new breakfast
program Headline News that will also simulcast on WIN Channel 008/080 and Sky News Weather, Foxtel
Channel 603. Free-to-air viewers can tune into Headline News on Sky News on WIN and WIN’s main
channel every morning for fresh news headlines every 15 minutes and everything they need to know across
news, sport and weather.

Also airing on Sky News on WIN, Warren Mundine will host a second season of Mundine Means Business
highlighting the success and entrepreneurship of Australia’s Indigenous communities.

Sky News on WIN will broadcast in 30 markets across WIN’s regional network throughout Queensland, New
South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, and state-wide across Tasmania and the
Australian Capital Territory.

Angelos Frangopoulos, CEO, Australian News Channel said: “We are excited to announce our program lineup
for Sky News on WIN including the launch of Headline News which will provide viewers with a snapshot
of the news they need to know for the day ahead, featuring for the first time in a breakfast show, content from
across regional Australia thanks to the resources of WIN News.”

Andrew Lancaster, CEO WIN Network said: “Sky News on WIN is a great addition to WIN Network and we
are very excited about the line-up of news programs and expert commentators that viewers in regional
Australia will now enjoy. Headline News will be simulcast on WIN’s main channel as well as Sky News on
WIN which will provide our viewers with a live breakfast news program with a focus on regional issues.”

Only on Foxtel will viewers be able to access the full suite of Sky News content, including five LIVE 24/7 Sky
News channels and the dedicated FOX SPORTS News channel, also available on the go with the Foxtel app
and as part of the news offering on Foxtel’s streaming service, Foxtel Now.

SKY NEWS ON WIN – PROGRAM SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
(Channel 83 across WIN’s regional network and Channel 53 across Northern NSW):

• Sky News Weather (Every day LIVE at 5:00am)
• FOX SPORTS News (Every day at LIVE 5:30am)
• Headline News with Jaynie Seal (Weekdays LIVE at 6:00am)
• AM Agenda with Kieran Gilbert (Weekdays LIVE at 8:30am)
• Live Now (Weekdays LIVE at 10:00am)
• All Australian News (Weekdays at 11:00am)
• FOX SPORTS News (Every day LIVE at 12:00pm)
• SPEERS with David Speers (Monday – Thursday LIVE at 4:00pm)
• The Friday Show with Rita Panahi (Fridays LIVE at 4:00pm)
• FOX SPORTS News (Monday- Friday LIVE at 5:00pm)
• Credlin with Peta Credlin (Weeknights LIVE at 6:00pm)
• The Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt (Weeknights LIVE at 7:00pm)
• Outsiders with Ross Cameron and Rowan Dean (Mondays and Thursdays LIVE at 8:00pm, Sundays
LIVE at 9:00am)
• Jones & Co with Alan Jones and Peta Credlin (Tuesdays LIVE at 8:00pm)
• Richo with Graham Richardson (Wednesdays LIVE at 8:00pm)
• Politics HQ with Nicholas Reece (Fridays LIVE at 8:00pm)
• Paul Murray LIVE with Paul Murray (Sunday - Thursday LIVE from 9:00pm – 10:00pm)
• Hardgrave with Gary Hardgrave (Fridays LIVE at 9:00pm)
• FOX SPORTS News LIVE rolling coverage (Saturdays from 5:30am)
• SPEERS on Sunday with David Speers (Sundays LIVE at 8:00am)
• Mundine Means Business (Sundays at 5:00pm)
• The Adam Giles Show with Adam Giles (Sundays LIVE at 6:00pm)
• Kenny on Sunday with Chris Kenny (Sundays LIVE at 7:00pm)
• Heads Up with Janine Perrett (Monday – Thursdays LIVE at 11:00pm) and Peter Gleeson (Fridays
LIVE at 11:00pm)

*Times in AEST

3 Likes

I just vomited a little in my mouth after reading that right wing media release.

SO when will the Nine version happen with mixing in right wing Fairfax .

I’ll say it right now, thank what ever deity you happen to understand that CBS bought Ten and not Murdoch and Gordon.

Imagine inflicting this retarded BS on metro FTA viewers, its one thing for country people but on metro a test pattern would out ate it.

6 Likes

The schedule jumps right off the loony cliff when Credlin’s show hits the airwaves.

2 Likes

Win viewers will lap this shit up… regional viewers will skew right wing.

Jesus … could you imagine the outrage if Ten were taken over by this mob with this schedule. I shudder at the thought. Ten really dodged a bullet.

5 Likes

Because it still airs in the same weekday timeslot for continuity. It provides consistent content for Monday to Friday mornings for our market.

If I thought it wasn’t good enough to air I wouldn’t be suggesting to retain it (ala Prime and their obsession with Home Shopping) nor would I suggest WIN retain it if it wasn’t good enough for WIN as they could generate more revenue with Home Shopping, but WIN is committed to news content for its viewers which CBS This Morning through Ten provides in the pre-6am schedule. Southern Cross did this until only a few years before they changed affiliation.

It is good content. GMA and (these days) Today are bottom feeder junk.

In some markets, yes.

For the most part, I can’t see this doing well in regional Victoria, for example.

I wonder if this could be a way of the Murdoch family trying to become Australia’s fourth commercial network - run WIN into the ground and hope the Gordon family will do a James Packer and sell the netowrk

WIN’s heartland (Wollongong/South Coast) is a in close proximity to Sydney so the argument could be that some sections of Sydney could be potentially receiving the WIN signal.

Australia dodge the bullet.

Remember the good ol’ days when people used to run tall antennas so they could receive metro signals in rural regions to see all the stations, and fringe metro dwellers could pick up home city cricket matches against the gate?

I wonder if people will do this again so they can tune in to Bolt, Credlin and the other pundits?? :rofl:

1 Like

i can see it now , bruce will turn the win network into the sky news network . i think this is his hole plan all along . he wont negotiate with cbs when the affiliation agreement ends . he will bring sky news on win hd full time and make one and eleven foxtel tv channels or the such

Judging by what we’ve seen of the programming schedule, it seems like there’s only a few “Sky News on WIN” programs that genuinely cater to regional areas with the rest being content piped in from the Foxtel channels.

Yeah, I was fully expecting the nightly opinion programs to air on delay or only in the form of “highlights” the next day!

Personally, I think that would only really work for Regional Queensland, Southern NSW/ACT, Victoria and Tasmania.

Even by overnight TV standards I can’t imagine too many people from the Northern NSW/Gold Coast, SA or WA markets being that interested in repeats of WIN News bulletins from some other part of the country.

Would fortuitous reception into Sydney really count towards WIN’s viewing figures? Probably not.

I’m pretty sure most of the 2GB/Daily Telegraph-worshippers in Western Sydney who’d be interested in Sky News opinion programming already have Foxtel.

1 Like

He has over the years threatened to independently program the WIN network… so maybe the CBS deal with Ten’s receivers was the final straw in regards to him dealing with metropolitan networks

1 Like

Not yet because of the Nine / Sky News channel that is eventually going to replace xTra on the Nine Mux in metro mainland regions + regional North NSW and lower Gold Coast.

I thought that a Sky News Business channel…